Differences between fz6 fz6s and fz6s2??

I found a great way to tell the differences between all the bikes.

Use this for reference.

This link has the whole history of the fazers.

Just to break it down here,

If you have a 2004-2006 US verison, there is a good chance you have the 98hp version if the Chassis is black. There are very few cosmetics to tell. So an 04-up are hard to tell the differences

So now for the 07-and up

If you want to know if you have a 98hp model, here is what to look for.

-07-up non s2(78hp) have the 06 style fairing where the turn signals are located on the headlight fairing. The s2(98hp) has the turn signals right below the fairing which looks like they are on the forks.

A 07-up non s2(78hp) has a square swingarm, silver engine and chassis, no center stand, and 04-06 style front fairing.

A 07-up S2(98hp) has a diamond style swingarm, front turnsignals located on the forks, slightly different styled headlight fairing that is barely noticeable to the 06 style, two front silver brake caliper piston covers, and comes with kickstand and center stand

All S2's have a black chassis for 07-up
All non S2's have a silver chassis for 07-up

keep in mind that the standard 07-up FZ6 is just called FZ6 fazer

Hopefully all this helps. I have been wondering quite myself:welcome:

Wrong.... All 07+ have black engines and frames and all before it are silver and all US bikes have 98hp

Not all do. In other countries there was a silver frame/black engine combo. Not that it really matters though lol.

CBRF3RIDER- yeah i seen that. quite a few have a lot of color schemes. but to tell if its an s2(98hp), it has the diamond shape swingarm, slightly redesigned headlight fairing, new calipers, and turn signals on the forks. So Im pretty sure thats a full 98hp s2!!:thumbup:

That's what I'm saying in the US all that doesn't apply, they all have ~98hp (Cali models I think have maybe 2hp less due to emission restrictions) and 04-06 are silver bottoms 07-09 are black

Back