Difficulty Using Center Stand

Here's how I get the bike on the center stand. I use it all the time whether at a gas station, hot asphalt, or parking in the garage.

1. Side stand down and get off the bike to the left.
2. Right foot on the textured tab on the top of the center stand.
3. Right hand on the rear grab rail to stead the bike.
4. Left hand on the handle bars to balance and hold the front wheel straight.
5. Push down on the center stand lightly until both legs are on the ground and the bike is upright; off the kick stand.
6. Make sure the bike is equally weighted on both legs of the center stand. Put most of my weight onto the center stand through right leg.
7. Pull back with my right hand on the grab rail while performing step 6.
8. Up she goes right onto the stand.

Hopefully that'll work for you. I can't put the center stand down while I'm sitting on the bike. I have to be standing to the left side.

Spot on fella hit the nail bang on the head :thumbup:

OK! Thanks to everyone for the advice.

I have obtained normality by now being able to use my center stand!

HOWEVER, I am still worried it may be bent. I'll have time to post a picture tomorrow but I'm certain the two "legs" or "tubes" that actually touch the ground are not identical (besides the left one having the "foot-pusher" attached) the right one is bent, not straight like the left one. Is this normal??

P.S. my earlier flaw was pure FEAR!! I had a little help to bolster confidence and now have it on my own.

Glad to hear you've got the routine down! :rockon:

I'll take a look at my center stand when I get home to see if the legs are symetrical, because I've never really paid attention. :don'tknow:

On a side note, here's a lil story about things that once learned are easy as pie. When I bought my first four stroke dirt bike I could not start it at all. Couldn't start it to take it for a test ride, couldn't start it after I bought it, just could not get the kick down. I really thought it was impossible to start straight and simple. I had a friend show me the decompression lever and the fine difference between a two stroke kick and a four stroke kick. Now I fire her up first or second kick every time and can't believe how hard of a time I had with it. :thumbup:

I've just popped out to the garage to see my centre stand. The right hand one has a straight portion first, and then bends towards the back, the left one (with foor pusher) is straight. So it looks like yours is right.

Good to see you've got it up on the stand at last. Well done!

Back