Do I need a GoPro?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, yes we do need them.. otherwise we wouldn't be able to convince our wives to let us buy them. :BLAA:

LOL some forum members ARE the wives and have to persuade their husbands .....

Not me though. Lucky for me Prebstar was born to mod bikes - last birthday he got me a Powerbronze belly pan and he gave me Ottimotto rearsets for Christmas. He's a good man :blowkiss:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Like everyone one else says, get a GoPro, you won't be disappointed! Plus when you take your bike across the country and end up in areas with curvy back roads, then you'll be glad you had the memories of your ride!

murda84

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's a mountain biking site, but they did a comparison on a bunch of the popular cams:

POV Action Cam Shootout – Which Camera Is The Best? | Mountain Bike Review

I have a gopro hero3 black that I actually bought to use for work purposes, and I'm starting to play around with it on the bike. I think even if you have less-than-exhilarating scenery, it's still cool to play around with different mounts and angles. The videos are cool, but setting it to take video and pics (at different increments...5secs, 10secs, 30secs, etc.) simultaneously allows you to get shots you wouldn't be able to without juggling a camera. It's pricey, and of course it isn't necessary, but once you get one you start thinking of all of the other **** you could record and then your mind really starts to wander haha.

Took the bike out for the second time this spring and used the chest mount.

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a Hero2 motorsports pack from Corey at Motomummy for a GREAT price.

So far I've done all my local hills roads on the R1's and FZ. Attached it to my dogs while they were play fighting. Gave it to my 3 year old nephew to run around on Christmas day with. Took it to the beach (and under the sea) for new years eve. Wondered around Phillip Island GP circuit at the WSBK's wearing it. Got Carlos Checa highsiding out of Siberia in practice. And filmed the entire Great Ocean Road on the FZ6, on the way back to Adelaide.

The only downside is the files are farkin huhyoooooge! I've 3/4 filled a terabyte external HD, because my poor old 2 core PC couldn't handle storing them!

Bloody good fun though...so long as you don't get pulled over by the filth.

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit off topic, but is GoPro the only option still? I'm thinking of buying a used Kodak Playsport Zx3 for like 70 bucks, it does 720p at 60fps, is dust and water resistant, but I think not as easy to mount and less aftermarket mount options. Looking at sample videos on youtube I like what I see so my question is - anyone have this for moto fun?

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
A bit off topic, but is GoPro the only option still? I'm thinking of buying a used Kodak Playsport Zx3 for like 70 bucks, it does 720p at 60fps, is dust and water resistant, but I think not as easy to mount and less aftermarket mount options. Looking at sample videos on youtube I like what I see so my question is - anyone have this for moto fun?

Contour is the other big name cam.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Contour is the other big name cam.

Yep - Contours are great also - contour has some GPS functionality that I don't think GoPro has, as well as an easier to use interface. The contour lens can be level no matter where you mount it (rotates inside the case) so it makes getting the perfect shot easier. Image quality is pretty similar, I hear better things about contours low light conditions. Contour also has a slightly waterproof (5ft) case, so you don't need the outer shell for riding. GoPro will be easier to find accessories for, and I'm trying to remember other advantages of the GoPro.