Do I need a GoPro?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys that have GoPros, what are you recording? In Texas we have lots of flat open space, not so much with twisty roads. My rides are fun, but nothing to show off to anyone.:(
I can get a silver 3 for $200 new. Should I buy it?:confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You always need a GoPro!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK6g4-PmBhE]Gopro dog mount - YouTube[/ame]

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys that have GoPros, what are you recording? In Texas we have lots of flat open space, not so much with twisty roads. My rides are fun, but nothing to show off to anyone.:(
I can get a silver 3 for $200 new. Should I buy it?:confused:
We all need one mate, it's whether it fits into the budget?

I might ask for one from Santa this year.

Neil

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
They are cool. I think you bring up a good point about the straight roads though. Not sure if they are going to make for video that is going to be fun for you to watch. That might just push you to be more creative though...

It can't hurt anything, right.

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
As long as it isn't recording my speed I like it for peace of mind and security. I find cagers pay a little extra attention upon noticing that they are being filmed.

- I don't have a gopro but used to have a homemade bullet cam setup.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
As long as it isn't recording my speed I like it for peace of mind and security. I find cagers pay a little extra attention upon noticing that they are being filmed.

- I don't have a gopro but used to have a homemade bullet cam setup.

Exactly what i use my Drift cam for, when people notice you have a cam they act like model citizens behind the wheel, and we've all seen vid's where somebody caught some a-hole on camera and was able to submit it as evidence...

Plus you can use these things for everything, not just riding. I used my Drift at the Wright Patterson AFB museum to take pics, also used it vto film some of my offroad adventures on the Versys :thumbup: Love the fisheye effect i get from it. Go Pro HD's have awesome quality video.... I believe Top Gear uses them for in car shots if i'm not mistaken... Hope to get a GP HD this summer, to get the 2-camera experience :D

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We all need one mate, it's whether it fits into the budget?

I might ask for one from Santa this year.

Neil

Of course you need one, but as Neil (Nelly) states, is it in the budget? I opted for a less expensive Contour Roam. Works fine for me. My expectations must be low! :BLAA:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
from what ive seen i really wish id have waited and bought the new drift ghost cam. i really like my Hero3 Silver but the new Drift is SWEEEEET. and twice as much.... as the deal youre getting

and if anybody is thinking about going for a Drift cam

look up TheGardenSnake on YT and he has a vid with codes to get a bunch of discounts and free stuff with the purchase of a Drift cam, but you have to buy directly from drift.

its either the cam comparison vid or the helmet cam set-up vid

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a GoPro HD2 and have used it riding, swimming, and hiking. I am getting ready for another adventure where I plan on using a head strap and a hand mount. I enjoy watching the videos later bit need to edit some before I could share them.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I put mine on my brother, its HILARIOUS what you see him do from his perspective. Even watching a 6yr old tires me out!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I say yes you need a GoPro.

1. If you get in accident or accused of doing something you may not have then you have video evidence.

2. A lot of Motovloggers are stuck in fly over states with a lot of straight roads. They get a mic setup and ramble on into their helmets. You might be the next youtube famous mate out there.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I say yes you need a GoPro.

1. If you get in accident or accused of doing something you may not have then you have video evidence.

^^^ This x100.

I just got the Hero3 (white) and that's the main reason I'm going to be using it while riding. I don't think anyone on YouTube cares to see my urban commuting. But after seeing the trouble my friend is going through with insurance companies even after the other driver admitted fault, I'd love some video evidence if this happens to me.

And then when it's raining I'll just move it to my kayaking gear and get some footage of all the whitewater Cleveland/Akron, OH has to offer.

247757_3945108431582_999887404_n.jpg

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ This x100.

I just got the Hero3 (white) and that's the main reason I'm going to be using it while riding. I don't think anyone on YouTube cares to see my urban commuting. But after seeing the trouble my friend is going through with insurance companies even after the other driver admitted fault, I'd love some video evidence if this happens to me.

And then when it's raining I'll just move it to my kayaking gear and get some footage of all the whitewater Cleveland/Akron, OH has to offer.

247757_3945108431582_999887404_n.jpg

Dude I will ride a motorcycle in the triple digits through traffic (safely of course) and carve mountain roads without guard rails but that picture of going off a cliff strapped into a boat into water and I'm having a hard time catching my breath. No way, won't do it.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude I will ride a motorcycle in the triple digits through traffic (safely of course) and carve mountain roads without guard rails but that picture of going off a cliff strapped into a boat into water and I'm having a hard time catching my breath. No way, won't do it.

Very nice.:thumbup:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, the first time paddling up to the edge of a waterfall like that is a bit like the feeling of looking down at the speedo and realizing you're doing double the speed limit

on an unfamiliar mountain road

at night

without HID bulbs

And that's only a ~25 footer. Current world record is ~186' :eek: