Do you carry a tire inflator kit? Used it?

Tire inflator kit?

• 1. No, I do not have a tire inflator kit.

Votes: 94 72.3%
  • 2. Yes, I have one, but have never needed to use it.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • 3. Yes, it saved my bacon .

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got a flat on my brand new Taco! It was a speed screw from someone's fairing!!! (Not mine!!) Argh.... I still have the culprit here. ;)

Slime kit with compressor. 32 bucks. Small package that packs easily in my tail or tank bag.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Slime-50001-Power-Sport-Smart/dp/B000M8SY0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1219699295&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Slime 50001 Power Sport Smart Spair: Automotive[/ame]

I carry the inflator kit on trips away from home. Around town I figure I can call a friend and get rescued. Where I work there are always nails and screws in the parking lot, so I check my tires often. So I thought it would be a good idea to have the inflator kit. A guy at my work who rides a lot has had several flats and he talked me into getting the kit.

Slime kit with compressor. 32 bucks. Small package that packs easily in my tail or tank bag.

Amazon.com: Slime 50001 Power Sport Smart Spair: Automotive

Yea, but it's only a temporary repair as stated by slime themselves, only a plug type repair is permanent. Others have also reported getting goo sprayed all over their bike, making a nasty mess.

Slime:
It is important to note there are no sealant products on the market today that are approved as a "permanent" repair. The only repair approved by the Rubber Manufacturer's Association is a plug/patch installed by a tire care professional.

I keep seeing that sport-tourers recommend carrying a tire inflator kit. I don't have one, and wouldn't have room in the bags I do have if I did. From 35 years of cage experience, I've only had three flat tires during that time (a spare battery would've been more useful).
So I'm wondering, how many of you carry a tire inflator kit? How many of you have actually needed to use it? And finally, which one would you recommend, if you do?

I just got done buying a new tire after picking up a nail and reading everyones posts on the pro's and con's of patching a tire. So a searched for threads on tire inflators and found this, which is exactly my questions.

BTW, I bought the warrantee at Cycle Gear so now they give me a new tire, prorated after 25% treadware for $25. Figured i could just a easily get a flat again tomorrow and be out another $200.

I am really interested in a recommended pump that will fit under the seat. SLIM has a real compact one with leads and connector that you can install on the battery so that you can hook up the pump without having to take the tank up. But I have no way of knowing how well it works or long it takes to inflate.

I don't want to endup with a flat in the middle of nowhere!

I carry a Slime 12V compressor and a tire plug kit. The Slime uses my lead for the battery tender jr. :D I've never had the unfortunate opportunity to use it and I hope I never do!

NH does it fit under the seat?

I have a Yamaha one and its great. 4 CO2 cartridges and all the extra stuff you need. I have a friend who has used it a couple of times and it worked like a charm. He still has a couple of plugs in his tire. It was about 30 bucks.
If you are in the middle of nowhere it's nice to be able to get back home.

I have the \"Stop 'n Go\" Co2 tire plug kit Welcome to Stop & Go International | Home of the Award Winning Pocket Tire Plugger I store it under the seat. Maybe it will also fit under the lift side rear pod panel. I've seen those mini tire pumps---they would probably get you enough air pressure too? I think those spark plug/compression operated air pumps would be too complicated. I hope if I get a flat that the Co2 kit works as well as the riders on the following testimonial page assert: Testimonials | Stop & Go International | Home of the Award Winning Pocket Tire Plugger
Finally got back to this thread, this looked pretty good and I just ordered one. The instructional video on the website was great. Thanks guys!

I keep seeing that sport-tourers recommend carrying a tire inflator kit. I don't have one, and wouldn't have room in the bags I do have if I did. From 35 years of cage experience, I've only had three flat tires during that time (a spare battery would've been more useful).
So I'm wondering, how many of you carry a tire inflator kit? How many of you have actually needed to use it? And finally, which one would you recommend, if you do?

I like to be prepared so I have a patch kit and an inflator. A guy here at work did get a flat and had to use his.

I picked up a tubeless tire repair kit at a rest stop on the highway for $4. It has a reamer, plugs, plug installer and cement.

I got a Genuine Innovations inflator that can use threaded or non-threaded cartridges. It also threads on to the motorcycle's schaeder valve stem: Genuine Innovations - #1 in CO2 Inflators - Motorsports Products

Of course I had to buy a couple of cartridges too.

Buying stuff separately saved money over the complete kit:
Genuine Innovations - #1 in CO2 Inflators - Motorsports Products

For the folks wondering about small pumps, try this.

Get a small one, and then strip the plastic case off of it. You'll be surprised by how small the guts of one of those 12 volt pumps are.

I have one that was the size of a brick in the case. Once I stripped it, it fits in the palm of my hand.

I have the \\\\\\\\"Stop 'n Go\\\\\\\\" Co2 tire plug kit Welcome to Stop & Go International | Home of the Award Winning Pocket Tire Plugger I store it under the seat. Maybe it will also fit under the lift side rear pod panel. I've seen those mini tire pumps---they would probably get you enough air pressure too? I think those spark plug/compression operated air pumps would be too complicated. I hope if I get a flat that the Co2 kit works as well as the riders on the following testimonial page assert: Testimonials | Stop & Go International | Home of the Award Winning Pocket Tire Plugger

Thanks Tailgate!:thumbup:

I've been looking around for an easier tire plug system other than the common ones they sell at every department store. I've fixed enough flat tires on a bicycle and I know how annoying it is to work with rubber cement. Like most experienced cyclist, we rather replace the inner tube instead of trying to patch it.

But with tubeless on a motorbike, that's a different story. I'm ordering the Stop and Go system and hopefully never need to use it!!!!!

I always carry the tire repair kit. The difference is that with a car you have a spare...Doesn't take that much space anyways. I carry it in a small Tank Bag with my wallet, a small bottle of water a map, rain cover, mobile phone and a small 1st aid kit. And they all fit in there just fine.

PS: I painted those fire graphics black....:Flash:

Last edited:
So then... whats the best tire inflator/sealer to use? I was looking at Threebond Seal & Air....i dont need it yet... but thought i'd better do some research...

Back