Do you get funny looks at the drive through?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped today for a medicinal ale to use as a poultice for the Wolfman's gammy foot and I copped some odd looks. It doesn't really bother me but I'm just curious. Does anyone else receive these looks.

The drive through at Macca's is another one.

I used to get some funny looks on my first bike a macca's when I pointed at my free upsize sticker on my windscreen and then rode off with my coke up on the tank with the straw in my gob...lol.

Is it just me?...lol.

i can imagine that the funny looks would be tossed around, but i am always too geared up and have no way to carry things so i have never tried a drive through on the bike, I will try it this summer and let you know how it goes.

LOL , it must just you :D im thinking it might have something to do with the fact that you have no neck :Flip: :D

Yeah, I'd thought of that but I have no neck when i walk in or drive through as well and don't get those kinds of looks....lol. (except with my yaks on the roof)

I do get a doey calf eyed look every now and then from the odd (very odd?...lol) serving wench.

Thanks Mr. Bard. I really am interested to see if it is at all widespread.

You'll know it when you see it. It's an amused sort of "hey look at me I'm serving the guy on the motorbike look.":spank:

You've got me puzzled now , im thinking i might have to go get a Macca's breaky on the bike tomorrow :thumbup:....I should be able to give you a full and comprehensive report then mate :D

You've got me puzzled now , im thinking i might have to go get a Macca's breaky on the bike tomorrow :thumbup:....I should be able to give you a full and comprehensive report then mate :D

Be sure to get over one of the lines for the speaker sensor. More coverage is best. Shut the bike down or you'll get the old" was that a filletofish nugget?"
thrown back at you..lol.

I dunno if you guys get F/U Iced coffee up there for macduckdoo's drink choices now but i find the carton easier to deal with than the cup of coke...lol...so it's a good option.:D

Be sure to get over one of the lines for the speaker sensor. More coverage is best. Shut the bike down or you'll get the old" was that a filletofish nugget?"
thrown back at you..lol.

I dunno if you guys get F/U Iced coffee up there for macduckdoo's drink choices now but i find the carton easier to deal with than the cup of coke...lol...so it's a good option.:D

I know we get F/U iced coffee but not to sure if they sell the cartons up here , i think they just pour it into a cup out of the 3 litre caterers pack :thumbup:......Its scary up this way asking for an iced coffee that isnt of Jacaranda brand , they probably sold that when you were up here , its an Ipswich icon and they frown upon those who dont drink it :D....Lucky it tastes good :thumbup:

I know we get F/U iced coffee but not to sure if they sell the cartons up here , i think they just pour it into a cup out of the 3 litre caterers pack :thumbup:......Its scary up this way asking for an iced coffee that isnt of Jacaranda brand , they probably sold that when you were up here , its an Ipswich icon and they frown upon those who dont drink it :D....Lucky it tastes good :thumbup:

How about good elf juice? Do they still sell that. I used to get one every Friday with my tuck shop lunch.

sunnyboys and Razz's, you know, all the good stuff...lol.

If yes on the sunnyboys, do they still give away freebies inside the carton..lol.

OOPS:hijack:It's all good though......It's my thread.:Flip:

Oops...Do they still have the Bundy factory there that you can visit....
That's better. The thread has been hijacked and degenerated into talk about grog:hijack::rockon:.

Another quality Aussie thread.....and all on the first page:cheer:

How about good elf juice? Do they still sell that. I used to get one every Friday with my tuck shop lunch.

sunnyboys and Razz's, you know, all the good stuff...lol.

If yes on the sunnyboys, do they still give away freebies inside the carton..lol.

OOPS:hijack:It's all good though......It's my thread.:Flip:

Oops...Do they still have the Bundy factory there that you can visit....
That's better. The thread has been hijacked and degenerated into talk about grog:hijack::rockon:.

Another quality Aussie thread.....and all on the first page:cheer:

PMSL....I was just sitting here thinking "Hmmmm an aussie threat that has been hijacked by Iced coffee and not grog" then you went and burst the bubble......Nah no more elf juice up here , but we still have sunnyboys though but there are no longer any freebies inside the carton , its the global finacial crisis i think :rolleyes:.......Bundy distillary is still open to the public , im thinking a Bris Fizz weekend overnight trip to Bundaberg might be install very soon :thumbup:

PMSL....I was just sitting here thinking "Hmmmm an aussie threat that has been hijacked by Iced coffee and not grog" then you went and burst the bubble......Nah no more elf juice up here , but we still have sunnyboys though but there are no longer any freebies inside the carton , its the global finacial crisis i think :rolleyes:.......Bundy distillary is still open to the public , im thinking a Bris Fizz weekend overnight trip to Bundaberg might be install very soon :thumbup:

Might want to organize that one for a long weekend. Riding in the heat with a hangover the size of the ones you guys will have is no joke...lol:Flip:

I amazed you came up with the idea really...lol.

Who woulda thought of that?:thumbup::D

Cheers
Mike

Might want to organize that one for a long weekend. Riding in the heat with a hangover the size of the ones you guys will have is no joke...lol:Flip:

I amazed you came up with the idea really...lol.

Who woulda thought of that?:thumbup::D

Cheers
Mike

:D :D Me thinks good one , Easter sounds good but thats family time so it may have to be the June long weekend..........Done its organised , you hear thats QLDers we are going to Bundy in June , swift action was needed and even though my arm was severely twisted ;) i stood up and made the right decission i think :thumbup:

Are you considering the Health and Safety aspects of using the drive thru?
:D

Refused service at McDonalds - Motorcycle News

I've seen that one before. My reply to them would be that with respect to the law my motor bike is a motor vehicle and therefore fits into the right category for what they designed the drive through for....their words, not mine.:spank:

Otherwise as a cyclist and no longer a motor vehicle driver I can now use the cycling tracks which will cut a huge amount off my commuting time:cheer:.

You can't have it both ways...lol. It defines driver and motor vehicle pretty well on the transport rules site.:thumbup:

Besides (and this is probably the most important point), I'm not looking at much in the way of longevity anyhow as I'm eating macpigpoos...lol.:D

Gotta love the health and safety game though...lol.:ban:

Still not sure why they wouldn't serve him on foot afterwards though.:spank:

Cheers
Mike

I have never been through a drive through on my bike, but I did get asked if I wanted a free "Happy Wash" at a BP servo while I stood there in leathers and a helmet in my hand :spank:

i can imagine that the funny looks would be tossed around, but i am always too geared up and have no way to carry things so i have never tried a drive through on the bike, I will try it this summer and let you know how it goes.

Me too! I have no idea how I would manage a pop on the bike...

I did regularly go to the post office drive through on foot and with the dog when I lived in Kansas City. The first time they looked at me rather odd (but had a treat for Tara) and then got pretty used to the sight.

I've heard the saying as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle, but perhaps a cup holder isn't out of the question...You could combine it with your camera mount somehow...

They actuall make cupholders for motorcycles (cruisers, really) that are suspended, so that when you lean into a corner, the drink stays upright due to gravity. A good concept for those who have a bike as their only or primary means of transport.

I was at the drive-up ATM (money machine) one time and a car pulled up behind me as I was putting my card in and started honking at me. I put the kickstand down, got off the bike and walked to the drivers window and asked this woman what the problem was...she said in a very angry tone, "motorcycles arent allowed in drive throughs!" I chuckled and told her to read up on vehicle laws and that she was far from correct with her ASSumption. So a funny look in a drive through...nope..but an angry idiot honking at me..yes.

I have been thru the drive thru many times and always get odd looks, one time about five of the employees came over to look. I have never tried a McDonalds though, I will have to give it a shot sometime to see if I get refused.

Popped into Lumpy daks (Hungry jacks/burger king) last night and got the look combined with a big smile and very friendly treatment from the cutie serving me.

It ain't all bad...lol.:thumbup:

I had one dude pull up in his car and then start moving forward in spurts to try and p155 me off one time. So I gave him what he wanted......I got good and p155ed off. For some reason he wasn't happy. I mean I gave him exactly what he wanted. There is no pleasing some folks:rof::rof::rof:....lol.

Cheers
Mike

Back