• Only if I am riding for a while

Votes: 57 27.8%
  • Never

Votes: 62 30.2%

• Total voters

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I always ride with an audiobook playing. Takes me an hour to get to work and an hour back so I get two hours of "reading" done per day when I can't do anything else productive (besides not die). The audiobook keeps you awake without being so loud as to block other sounds. I listen through homemade plugphones so I get noise-cancellation and music/audiobook.

Took me a couple weeks to work my way through an unabridged reading of Atlas Shrugged. Good stuff. If you have a good book, you look forward to the ride even more. Most decent sized audiobooks are about 40 hrs long so you get a lot of bang for your buck. Especially if you like literary classics. There is an open-source audiobook initiative out there so you won't run out of free titles any time soon.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I love audio books, just haven't thought of listening to them on my bike. I listen to them in my car when I have longer rides.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I listened to music a lot right after I got my helmet bluetooth. I realized that I'm a much, much better rider with the music off, so now it only gets turned on for boring slab rides in minimal traffic (which is really rare).