Do you prefer to...

Do you prefer to...

• Ride alone

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Ride with a pillion

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ride with a small group (i.e. 2-9 riders)

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • Ride in a large group (10 or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally ride alone, it is my way to relax and not have to worry about anybody else. If I wanna go left, I go, if i wanna going right, I go, I usually ride with no destination and just end up where ever. When you ride with others, it means that you have to decide where and when. This is not to say I don't enjoy riding with others, but just that I usually ride alone.

I enjoy any riding, alone, or with others, as long as it is with good people.:thumbup:

Oh, I checked riding alone.

I think I enjoy the "freedom" of riding alone - going at my own pace, stopping when and where I want, etc. On the other hand, on a multi-day trip, it's nice to have someone to socialize with at the end of the day... :iconbeer:

I chose small groups. I find it more enjoyable riding with a friend or family member. My most memorable ride was when i went out for about a 200 mile ride with my dad and grandfather. Even when you arent saying anything to each other for an hour or so at a time its a bonding experence that i will remember for a long time. :Sport:

Last edited:
i do most of my riding alone, but there is nothing better than getting with a few friends and hitting some twisties!!! but not too many where it gets complicated.

I like riding alone. All my friends with bikes are too wild and crazy to ride with. They always want to stop at bars and pound down beers. When I ride behind my buddy who has a Sportster I can't hear my MP3 player because his pipes are so loud. I can't ride in front of him because he refuses to use his front brake.

I chose small groups. I find it more enjoyable riding with a friend or family member. My most memorable ride was when i went out for about a 200 mile ride with my dad and grandfather. Even when you arent saying anything to each other for an hour or so at a time its a bonding experence that i will remember for a long time. :Sport:
Cool, I wish I could have done that with my dad and grandpa. Maybe I'll get to ride with my son (and daughters) someday.

Last edited:
I ride either by myself, with my husband, or with one of my known-quantity friends. Riding in a big group is either dull or dangerous, IMO. Sometimes both. :)

A big group introduces all kinds of logistical issues. And in a group of 10 or more, there's almost invariably a skill gap that leaves some bored and leaves others riding over their heads. It just isn't fun for me.

I like riding alone but hate the consequences if I fell and broke a leg or something in the middle of nowhere. So, I usually prefer riding with a friend or two. They need to be friends I know and trust them. Def dont like riding with squids and strangers.

Riding is my escape from the everyday grind, my chance just to let the stress blow away in the wind if you will. So alone is my favorite...:Sport:

I've never ridden with more than one other person before, and that was when me and my buddy both had V-Stars. Since purchasing the FZ, I find that I enjoy riding solo more. I load some Black Stone Cherry on the ipod and hit the backroads and I never feel rushed, or bored. Just me and my machine. I never ride without carrying the cell phone though, just in case of an accident :)
I'd like to ride with a small group sometime, but I don't want to feel pressured to ride beyond my limits..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back