Do you ride in the rain..

Do you ride in the rain..

• Total voters

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted Fair weather back then, but now, I have the gear and ride in the rain without issues. Don't prefer it but it works!

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
sun, rain, mediteranean thunderstorms.. no problem.. i use the bike to commute so i use it every day of the year, with the exception the 3-4 days there is snowfall in athens once every 2-3 years. greek roads are bad enough without snow, and combined with the uphill/downhill variations of athens. it would be madness to even attempt to get out of the garage.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
It depends how bad I want to ride. Since I use mine to commute so as long as I dont get wet on the way to work it's all good. I dont mind wet or cold the two together suck and snow is a no go. The day I went to pick up the bike it was sunny 30 miles there and steady rain 30 miles home. It was like a test of how bad I really wanted this bike and my riding ability since I had never rode a sport bike before.

wildcardfz

Reaction score
Visit site
The day I bought my FZ I pulled out of the dealer took a left and it started pouring rain in August. I live in Washington and enjoy riding. Getting used to the rain is a requirement. Although this November I was stuck at work until midnight and a strong storm rolled in. Hydroplaned on a patch of water, on a turn, that was running across the road that I did not see until the last minute. I still ride in the rain but I check for storms now and use the car. :thumbup:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the worst part of rain riding is the clean-up required after. Amazing how it takes around 30 min to clean up the bike and about 3 seconds in wet weather to make it look like you never wash it. Another oddity is my truck which costs 4x more than my bike and is actually as much as I hate to say it more important in the real world than the bike, can look like S**T for weeks and I wont bat an eye. But get a few bugs on my motorcycle and I can't stop pacing until I go get some cleaner and wipe them off.:D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I miss riding in the rain, I wish it would rain here. It's been a long time since we saw any precipitation.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I miss riding in the rain, I wish it would rain here. It's been a long time since we saw any precipitation.

+1000,we were getting all excited because they were forecasting 2mm of rain tomorrow,lol.I even dug out the wet weather gear.Then tonight they said nope no rain and the long term forecast says only a 30% chance of even average rainfall over the next 3 months.

But in answer to the poll ,yes I would ride in the rain...............if we ever have any again.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1000,we were getting all excited because they were forecasting 2mm of rain tomorrow,lol.I even dug out the wet weather gear.Then tonight they said nope no rain and the long term forecast says only a 30% chance of even average rainfall over the next 3 months.

But in answer to the poll ,yes I would ride in the rain...............if we ever have any again.

You want some of this that we are having Mick , i'll sent it to you after we are done with it :Flip: :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I love riding in the rain....and living in the same town as Mick....i am wondering if i am ever going to get the chance to again!

:eek:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless it is a monsoon, tornado, or snow I am riding. I wear dress clothes under my ridign gear too. Just use the rain liners and nothing gets wet.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
only if i get caught on it during a ride, i try to stay away from rain, snow, ice otherwise i ride most of the time. Like this winter I rode all season through as long as the roads are clear. Got myself a Spidi H20 one piece outfit, it's great for the cold weather, just need to layer up for warmth.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the rain. I like it less when I have to ride home in traffic and rain, but I still enjoy it. Today was the closest my bike has had to a proper wash in about 5 months.
Speaking of which.....I saw a rare specatacle today, a HD riding in the rain. I think the poor guy got caught out unprepared, he didn't have any gear, rain or otherwise, just a good old HD logo shirt and a red bandana. He was tucked down behind his windshield as far as he could get. I considered waving him over and offering him my spare rainsuit (had the waterproof gear on today, so didn't unpack the rainsuit for the ride home), but he was moving pretty fast and reckless. I guess he was in a hurry to get home and put the bike in the garage.

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride in any case. The distance between my home and my offce is 40 miles. I spend 3 hours for getting my office by car, and i spend 40 minutes for getting my office by motocycle. So, motocycle is my choice!!!

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
i voted that it depends for me. basically if its raining hard before i leave my house then i dont. but if its already raining while im out then i have no other choice obviously. and a light a drizzle doesnt bother me in any way either.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I will today. I rode to work in sunny skies but they are predicting a T-storm or two for the ride home.:Flash: