Does Fz8 ABS Meter can be use on Fz6 S2 ABS

harveyvo

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an FZ6 S2 NAHG, the speedometer appears and flashing the error Er_1, Er_2. (Link attached)
Following the service manual, I checked the wire connection from Speedometer to ECU and ít's seemed the wires does not short or open. The voltage output in of 2 wires from ECU (yellow-black) is 1.13v

After looking at eBay for replacement the speedometer I did not see the suitable (My bike has "ABS" and "Immobilizer" led) but I found the FZ8 speedometer with the same design and indicator light, can I use this for my bike? Anybody tested?
Here is a diagram:
suc4edn.jpg

BTW, anybody has the speedometer of FZ6 S2 ABS and need to sell, please inbox to me. Thank you!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/26WyK9sTdNXPu42B8

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

The most popular er1 or er2 signals I've seen are when there's a problem with low voltage. That is generally when there is a problem with a dead battery. The computer/ ECU sees the low or below threshold voltage and thinks there is an open wire. Clear your error codes to see that they don't re-apppear. If you measure voltage on the data line to the ECU you may also create other problems. The data line on your bike may be a yellow with blue tracer.

The FZ8 instrument cluster may work just fine as would The S2 FZ6 cluster. I don't know what the RPM limit is with the FZ8 tach but that would not negate using it as also the FZ1 cluster could be used.

er1 and er2 are error codes sent from the ECU. :)

harveyvo

Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION] Thank you for your reply. I measure the battery voltage and the value > 12V, I also remove the battery over 12 hours to ensure the error code has been reset. When I try to unplug the ECU from the system, the Er_1 / Er2 still shows on the dashboard
RPM Limit does not importance with me because I usually run below 12k RPM
FZ6 - NAHG in my country is very rare so I can't find another bike same version to exchange part.
One more question, can I plug the Meter of ABS version to the Non-ABS version? My friend has FZ6-None ABS.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe the ER codes must be cleared from a signal from the ECU to the instrument cluster. The cluster could be bad and not resetting, but there could be a issue where the ECU is still pushing out the code. Also I'm wondering if that immobilizer circuit might be defective or causing the issue of ER codes.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do verify all three connections are void of corrosion, pulled/pushed pins, burning and stuff like that.
ECU - Steering head area - Gauge.

And like Cliff mentioned, signal wires carry data and data can only be looked at with an Oscilloscope. More of a ones and zeros vs 0.0 to system voltage.

Does it let you in to diagnostic mode to see stored error codes?

harveyvo

Reaction score
Visit site
Do verify all three connections are void of corrosion, pulled/pushed pins, burning and stuff like that.
ECU - Steering head area - Gauge.

And like Cliff mentioned, signal wires carry data and data can only be looked at with an Oscilloscope. More of a ones and zeros vs 0.0 to system voltage.

Does it let you in to diagnostic mode to see stored error codes?
Thank you for your reply. I plugged my instrument cluster to another FZ6 bike and it working fine so I think I need to check the wire harness again, include the wire of Immobilizer system (I forgot it before).
I will update the result later.

harveyvo

Reaction score
Visit site
Also I'm wondering if that immobilizer circuit might be defective or causing the issue of ER codes.

You are correct. The main problem is backup line for immobilizer was failed, I created another line replacement and the Er_1, Er_2 disappeared. Thank you for your information.