Dragon, Cherohala, Smokey Mtns, Blue Ridge May19th - 22nd

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I are about to load the bikes on the new trailer and head out early Friday morning to Ooltewah, TN to stay with a close friend. I'm going to list our broad itinerary here so if anyone wants to meet up, please PM me. I'll be online throughout the week in a limited fashion.

16th - Arrive on Ooltewah, TN
17th - Local roads/rides to shake down the bikes and see Chattanooga.
18th - Outlying roads and likely a bit of northern GA.
19th - Trailering three bikes to Pigeon Forge.
19th/20th - Deals Gap, Dragon and Cherohala.
21st - Head to Cherokee, NC. Check into hotel and ride the local roads
22nd - Morning ride into foothills, NC - Afternoon, pack and head to Ooltewah
23rd - Relaxing in Ooltewah, maybe grilling, movies, shooting range.
24th - Pack it all up and head back to NH

We couldn't make the big group ride because it falls on the first week of a month, thus she cannot take that time being in Accounting (month-end close) This is as close as we could get.

Hope to meet a couple of you along the way. If you PM me, we can exchange cell info. I can call you when we know the actual times for each ride.

Take care all!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We plan on stopping often and getting shots from all over as well as of each other. :D It is going to be a BLAST! I will have to tell the wife to park it here and there so I can make some 'more spirited runs" through parts and give her time to rest and hydrate.

It's going to be a lot of miles in one seat or another. 1104 one way to get to his house for starters!

I am taking the video camera too and hope to catch some footage on each leg to post on Youtube. I'll link here.

Wish I could go with the rest of you though!

-Eric

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Your going to have a blast man!

If you ride the Cherohala Skyway through Robinsville, you'll ride right by the cabins we're staying at.

Here's the important question though. Wha seat will be on the bike when it's under tow?:D I know which one will be on mine!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your going to have a blast man!

If you ride the Cherohala Skyway through Robinsville, you'll ride right by the cabins we're staying at.

Here's the important question though. Wha seat will be on the bike when it's under tow?:D I know which one will be on mine!

My friend there knows exactly the place you've chosen and had high compliments for it.

Oh... you KNOW IT! :rockon: (I considered putting the TS in the truck's driver seat for the trip down and back! ;) )

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome Eric! Have fun, take lots of pics and ride safe!

Thanks David!

Our goal is to remain safe and have fun so it will be a mellow trip. I'm hoping to set Michele up in a few corners where my friend and I can roll through and catch some video. :D This way, we can have some spirited fun and she can catch a break here and there.

I'll be posting as often as I can throughout the trip. :D :steve:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks David!

Our goal is to remain safe and have fun so it will be a mellow trip. I'm hoping to set Michele up in a few corners where my friend and I can roll through and catch some video. :D This way, we can have some spirited fun and she can catch a break here and there.

I'll be posting as often as I can throughout the trip. :D :steve:

:thumbup:

Please also think of those of us who will be working while you're having fun! :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:

Please also think of those of us who will be working while you're having fun! :D

Absolutely! Wishing you were ALL there to ride this ride!

We're pulling out in about 15 minutes for the first leg of the journey. See ya'll on the other side! :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, we made it to TN this afternoon and the trip was uneventful. Tomorrow, we'll be hitting some local roads in the Chattanooga area. Tues AM we head out for Pigeon Forge. :D Pics should be starting tomorrow. WHEW! Long fricken drive!!!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool Eric.....when you go past a little town called Cleveland, just north of Chattanooga, think of me!
I grew up there!