Dyno tune with CO adjustment Leo Vince

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
unfortunately no. I have added a BMC air filter and dynoed after that but didn't do a basline and showed a slight loss from the previous dyno runs. the weather conditions were pretty crappy though and I had an additional 5k miles since the previous runs so I just disregard those findings.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps what we need to do is:

A) let us know if your bike requires the grounding wire or not to enter diagnostic mode. Also state the model and country your bike pertains to.

B) Post up the base factory settings. Maybe they are pretty random?

My bike runs rich even though I have a K&N filter, I would like to sort this out.

Nelly

[edit]

I have just been out to my garage in my underpants and vest (such is my quest for all knowledge FZ6) I only startled one neighbour but that must have been because of my biker boots?

Any way just to embellish on the diagnostic setting for a 2005 UK spec bike

Press select and reset buttons at the same time and hold them down. Turn ignition on and you'll enter diagnose/co mode after a couple of seconds.

Zoo2009060.jpg

scroll with select until Co mode appears.

Zoo2009061.jpg

Enter Co mode by pressing the two buttons again. You will be presented with C1 0 until.........
Zoo2009062.jpg

You press both buttons again where you enter into the preset value. You can then change this value by pressing [select] = + or [reset] = -. After reading more about this on SBN. In this first C1 screen the Zero equates to the engine RPM (if the bike is running) up to 2000 RPM.
Zoo2009065.jpg

Zoo2009064.jpg

Press both buttons again to enter into adjustment mode. In all of the info I have read previously no two bikes have had the same pre-set values. Is this because the ECU takes a snap shot of the ambient conditions and adjusts to that? I will check them again tomorrow to see if they change.
Zoo2009066.jpg

I did not adjust my values as I need someone else's input with more knowledge than I.
I presume that you exit and save the values by switching the ignition off?

So in summary, I have a UK spec 2005 FZ6 C1 standard setting is in -5 and C2 is 7. To enter diagnostic mode for this spec bike you do not need to ground a wire.

Nelly

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine also has C1 -5, C2 7
I guess it might be European setup?
Thanks for that mate,

I am not trying to :hijack:the thread :liar:. I would just like to understand what I can do with this adjustment?
I wish I could understand how Luckyirishboy's setting equate to:
a) My bike
b) Engine longevity

It would be great to find out.

Nelly

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i ran out to the parking lot to see if this would work on my 07. It does not:( I guess ill just order me a power commander. I dont trust myself enough to ground out anything.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok, i ran out to the parking lot to see if this would work on my 07. It does not:( I guess ill just order me a power commander. I dont trust myself enough to ground out anything.

don't waste your money! Re-read this thread. You'll have to add a jumper wire in order to access CO mode. Turn your key off. Hold the Select and Reset buttons down. Still holding them down, count to 5, turn the key on, and continue holding the select and reset buttons until you see "diag" on the screen. This is the menu you need to access. Once the jumper wire is in place, you can press "select" from the "diag" screen and switch to "co" where the adjustments are made.

Power commanders are not necessary on a fuel injected Yamaha unless insane modifications are installed.

javahaxxor

Reaction score
Visit site
no change. my lowest ever was 40mpg riding 2up fully loaded with gear in a crazy strong headwind from Chicago to Muscatine, IA. The very next day without the wind but loaded the same we got 50mpg.
Usually I run about 45-47mpg which is what I got stock.

I get 36 MPG on the FZ6 S2 stock CO with LeoVince and catpipe. I also wheigh 110 kg, and ride like i've stolen it, that could be an explanation

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I get 36 MPG on the FZ6 S2 stock CO with LeoVince and catpipe. I also wheigh 110 kg, and ride like i've stolen it, that could be an explanation

Well, I need to update my mpg figures.

As my confidence and skill level have increased, my mpg has dropped quite a bit.

My new low mpg is 30mpg on a full tank of riding like Rossi, however, just last weekend I got two tanks back to back with luggage and two up of 50mpg. So, yes, you can get some nasty mpg simply by riding the balls off the bike.

PhatDoggy

Reaction score
Visit site
krid80... for clarity, the adjustments you stated in the first post are not absolute values you entered, but they are the differentials between the factory setting and what you changed to, correct?

I assume this because in another post you recommended keeping the factory difference between cylinders 1/4 and 2/3 due to the extra heat in the inner cylinders.

I may try this to see if I can reduce the popping from my exhaust. It's annoying after awhile.

Thanks for taking the time for all of this.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
correct those are adjustment intervals. I posted how many digits I changed as opposed to what number I stopped on because every bike seems to have different starting numbers.

Thanks for the Rep!

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
I have -3 and 16 as settings on my bike (Belgium).

Was going to fit the Leo system today, but apparently the 04 and +07 cat are different ... :(
Got to get it ajusted, have to shorten it.

Last edited:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
So I went on the dyno.
My C1 and C2 are now +20 both.

He said they used to set the inner ( 2 - 3 ) cilinders richer with carb's, but not anymore. It's a respected Yamaha dealer, so I don't think he's bull****ting me.

At the end I had:

96.8 Hp and 62.8 Nm @ the back wheel.

Was tested on a Dynojet dyno.

Couldn't really test it today as it was raining like a mofo :(

PhatDoggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I made the changes today.
2006 FZ6 (US Model), Two Bros slip-ons
Factory: C1 = -20 and C2 = 0
I went +20 for both settings. I don't know about power, but there is MUCH less popping from the exhaust, and it seems to have taken the twitchy edge off the bike. It's a little softer in transition, which I think is good.

Thanks again for the how-to.

MaLeo

Reaction score
Visit site
I instaled Two Brothers in my bike and I want to do the CO adjustment... I'm from Brazil and my factory configuration is C1 0 and C2 0. Will I have any risk (lower mileage or something like this) if I do this adjustment???

Thanks...

Last edited: