eBay Engine Spoiler

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
iBUMP!

C'mon, someone on this forum had to have purchased this item...anybody?
Wow! A whole four hours since your last post and no-one replied. How rude we are! :spank:

PS search here for "belly pan" or "lower fairing" and then you can answer your own question!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! A whole four hours since your last post and no-one replied. How rude we are! :spank:

PS search here for "belly pan" or "lower fairing" and then you can answer your own question!

Haha! I get anxious, what can I say. I did search, and found several threads, but nothing on this particular one.

PS love the sarcasm :thumbup:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you should/could ask the ebay seller?

Grtz,

Degake

I reached out to the seller, an eBay store, about whether or not they offer this piece in a finished painted state, but not sure what else I could ask. Of course he will stand by his product, so asking about the quality will likely be of no help.

The piece is made of durable ABS plastic and was curious from other forum members on the fit, finish, look, and customer experience with these guys.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I reached out to the seller, an eBay store, about whether or not they offer this piece in a finished painted state, but not sure what else I could ask. Of course he will stand by his product, so asking about the quality will likely be of no help.

The piece is made of durable ABS plastic and was curious from other forum members on the fit, finish, look, and customer experience with these guys.

Looking at the store's feedback for other engine spoilers, it seems that it has a decent quality....
Maybe not as good as the major brands, but if you really like this specific design, you should go with it :)

If it's unpainted, you can still tweak it a bit to make it perfect before painting :)

Grtz,

Degake

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the store's feedback for other engine spoilers, it seems that it has a decent quality....
Maybe not as good as the major brands, but if you really like this specific design, you should go with it :)

If it's unpainted, you can still tweak it a bit to make it perfect before painting :)

Grtz,

Degake

Good point on being able to tweak the fit prior to putting down paint, thanks!

Asking him about what paint would cost was more of a curiosity thing to be honest. If it is a cheap addition, I may just go with it, otherwise I will paint myself. Have done some body work in the past and it isnt too tough, just need to take your time and put in the due diligence.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Good point on being able to tweak the fit prior to putting down paint, thanks!

Asking him about what paint would cost was more of a curiosity thing to be honest. If it is a cheap addition, I may just go with it, otherwise I will paint myself. Have done some body work in the past and it isnt too tough, just need to take your time and put in the due diligence.

You'd better paint it yourself, if you can do it properly.
Getting it painted (not by the seller) will be a better (and probably cheaper) option then letting the seller do it.
Plus you'll have the benefit of installing/tweaking the piece before any paint/primer is on it :)

IMO, don't let the ebay seller paint it.

Grtz,

Degake

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure you all noticed the local..... > Item location: Athens, Greece

PS - sure to read up on materials to paint ABS or it'll peel off in a month. Dupont should have some hints. . .

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure you all noticed the local..... > Item location: Athens, Greece

PS - sure to read up on materials to paint ABS or it'll peel off in a month. Dupont should have some hints. . .

Yea, I did see that it was overseas, but it seems like many parts for the FZ are, so I wasnt too concerned.

Personally, I would always takle ABS or urethane over fiberglass because it has some flex and is far less brittle. I figured that painting ABS would be similar to urethane, but I cant speak to any personal experience.

The normal sand, prime, sand, and paint method will not suffice for this material?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with this company or this particular product?

Yamaha Fz6 High Quality Engine Spoiler New | eBay

I really like the look of it and the price is pretty decent. I reached out to the seller to see if they also offer these paint matched. Will let you know what they get back to me with.
Is it me or does that belly pan look like it will stop the rear brake from working!?! :eek:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it me or does that belly pan look like it will stop the rear brake from working!?! :eek:

Was looking at that specific aspect of the picture and was a little worried. Major reason why I made this post actually.

That being said, bending the brake lever slightly out would likely be a simple fix to any contact issues with the piece.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I did see that it was overseas, but it seems like many parts for the FZ are, so I wasnt too concerned.

Personally, I would always takle ABS or urethane over fiberglass because it has some flex and is far less brittle. I figured that painting ABS would be similar to urethane, but I cant speak to any personal experience.

The normal sand, prime, sand, and paint method will not suffice for this material?

Same process, but you need different materials to soften the plastic so it bites into it and doesn't peal off. We've all seen autos with paint peeling off the plastic, same thing.

Sometimes its as simple as adding a product to the mix and spraying it. Other times its a different product. Like priming bare metal, you use an etching primer to create a solid bond. Granted many will get away with conventional materials and it will look good for a while - I'm just sayin, do some reading on it so you have Extreme happiness with the results!

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I have this installed on my 2005 FZ6-S.
It is made in Greece by HLD.
It is very good quality and I'm very satisfied with the price as well (about 120 euro).
The brake lever is no issue, it's just a bad photo angle that makes it look like that in the eBay link.
Here's two photos from their website:
fazer4.jpg

fazer3.jpg

The only issue I had is that it was designed with the naked FZ6-N model in mind that doesn't have a center stand originally and once installed on the faired FZ6-S model, the center stand won't open cause the spring "catches" on the right side of the plastic and can damage/break the belly pan, I've already emailed the company about this just in case they update the design in the future. I plan on cutting the plastic a little on the right side and it will be perfectly fine afterwards.
You can find more pics of it installed on my bike if you visit this link from my Facebook profile: Yamaha FZ6-S "Fazer" 2005.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much for the detailed response, and the addition of pics was great! The potential clearance issue with the brake lever has now been cleared up.

I guess that is a little annoying that some cutting will need to be done in order to allow center stand use, but really not a big deal. Really the only time I use the center stand is for chain maintainence anyway.