Ebay levers review (pictures)

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my bike in the dealer for it's annual inspection this morning. The tech working doing the inspection is a racer and commented on my cool levers as they're just like the levers he had on his race bike. He couldn't believe that mine were knockoffs and that I got change out of $40. His were $110 EACH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
here's some info for anyone that has problems with anodized aluminum parts. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvxMJ5_WZE]Tutorial: De-anodizing Aluminum on your RC Car - YouTube[/ame]

here they explain how you can remove the anodized layer with a simple process, leaving the clean aluminum piece.

Sotex

Reaction score
Visit site
Just received and installed a set, myself -- standard length, all black. Thanks to everyone who's posted their experiences, as I wouldn't have known about these, otherwise.

The package arrived exactly as shown above, and as depicted in the "how to" post and review by jrevans (and that was much appreciated as a reference).

Delivery time to south Texas was 18 days from the date of order, $38.40 shipped. The package came as registered mail, so a signature was required.

The clutch lever did not include a bushing, and in fact the (rather poorly) photocopied instructions enclosed with the levers indicated that the OEM bushing should be used. So, I think it's pretty clear no bushing should be expected with future orders. (And the accompanying instructions really aren't necessary, particularly with the information readily available here.)

Fortunately I didn't have to press out the bushing from my OEM clutch lever. I found that it simply slipped out as soon as the lever was free from the bar mount. The new lever accepted the OEM bushing perfectly with an excellent fit.

Even with a bit of time for cleaning around the lever mounts, then, installation was quick and easy.

I did note, as mentioned elsewhere, that the bolts in the levers themselves (two each) were fairly loose, so I tightened those down before installation.

All in all, a nice-looking update. We'll see how they hold up as time goes by.

faseljd

Reaction score
Visit site
bought and installed black/red shortys. no problems and work and look great. sure changed the late engagement problem on the clutch.

Blazin FZ6

nOObie
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, those are the shorty ones. I put the clutch lever a little further out so I can get 3 fingers on it which feels better. The brake is great with 2 fingers.

Mine came without a bushing, but no problem. The factory clutch bushing literally fell out and fit perfectly in the new lever (the brake side doesn't require a bushing). Be sure to clean it up and grease it lightly.

Took no time to install and so far the quality looks excellent. Plenty of adjustment for a custom fit. For $38.99 how can you go wrong?

I just bought these based on your pics and description of how they feel. I have the same color bike and liked the look of it. Thanks for your pics!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just put on a set of long version ones on Ticktock's bike, last night. They went on easily and with no issues.. and they look badass!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Just put on a set of long version ones on Ticktock's bike, last night. They went on easily and with no issues.. and they look badass!

On the ride home last night, it FELT LIKE A DIFFERENT BIKE.

The way these levers feel, along with the decreased distance to the bar and shorter clutch engagement had me shifting MUCH faster and cleaner than I ever have before.

On a side note, the FZ1 bars and OURY grips are amazing! Thanks again!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
For anybody who hasnt used the stock bushing i highly recommend it. I have been riding with the included bushing with no problems and i didnt mind the play back and forth and up and down.

Well i was at motogiro's place and he just tapped out the included bushing using the old oem bushing which took all of 5 seconds and it made a BIG difference in feel. Most of the play is gone and it has a nice solid feel to it.

It perfectly livable without the oem bushing but man if i had known it was that easy i would have just done it LOL. Thought you needed a press.........

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT :rockon:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
For anybody who hasnt used the stock bushing i highly recommend it. I have been riding with the included bushing with no problems and i didnt mind the play back and forth and up and down.

Well i was at motogiro's place and he just tapped out the included bushing using the old oem bushing which took all of 5 seconds and it made a BIG difference in feel. Most of the play is gone and it has a nice solid feel to it.

It perfectly livable without the oem bushing but man if i had known it was that easy i would have just done it LOL. Thought you needed a press.........

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT :rockon:

I thought I would need a press too. As it turned out, when the old lever came off, the bushing slid right out!

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
The bushing that falls out isn't the one that causes the problem. It would appear that some of the levers that were shipped has a small brass bushing in the clutch lever. This bushing made the hole too small to use the stock bushing, but too big to fit tightly) and THIS is the bushing that had to be pressed out (or removed using a hammer and 2 sockets in my case) in order for the stock bushing to be inserted.

Sotex

Reaction score
Visit site
The bushing that falls out isn't the one that causes the problem. It would appear that some of the levers that were shipped has a small brass bushing in the clutch lever. This bushing made the hole too small to use the stock bushing, but too big to fit tightly) and THIS is the bushing that had to be pressed out (or removed using a hammer and 2 sockets in my case) in order for the stock bushing to be inserted.

Actually, there are references in this and other threads to folks pressing out the OEM bushing from the factory clutch lever, as well. That might not be routinely necessary, though. The most recent posts, in particular, seem to reflect that the OEM bushing should come out easily -- that definitely was my experience, but on an '09. Maybe it's not the case with a clutch lever that's been in the field for a longer time.

In any event, the new levers are working great...thanks to everyone for posting on them, which led me to take the plunge.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine today and I love them! The bushing went out with no pressure, levers installed easy and working great. One problem that I couldn't fix is the break lever kind of wiggles a bit. I tried to screw the nut as hard as I could without damaging anything but no change. I tightened the lever nut, the movement happens where the lever meets the mounting point on the bike. Is there a thin washer that can be placed there?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
discoloration

I am going to order these really soon.

I am worried a bit about the discoloration.

What exactly happens?

Is it just a lighter shade of the original color?

Which colors are the most prone to discoloration and which ones are safest?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: discoloration

I am going to order these really soon.

I am worried a bit about the discoloration.

What exactly happens?

Is it just a lighter shade of the original color?

Which colors are the most prone to discoloration and which ones are safest?

I only have experience with black ones. Over time, they will actually turn bronze.
My guess would be that sliver levers should hold up better.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to the2wheels.com and order them
Only 32 dollars shipped i think it's worth it plus I they bronze they will send you another set

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to the2wheels.com and order them
Only 32 dollars shipped i think it's worth it plus I they bronze they will send you another set

I am not so worried about them changing their color to be honest. I would like to know just what to expect. I won't bother with sending them back. Too much hassle.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not so worried about them changing their color to be honest. I would like to know just what to expect. I won't bother with sending them back. Too much hassle.

SANGER posted these up a while back. His bike sits outside a lot.

42New_Levers_17.jpg

42New_Levers_16.jpg

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. I appreciate the pictures.

I am going to go with orange lever and red adjuster.

I figure if they are going to fade out they might as well fade out to yellowish/goldish colour.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The levers still look like that a year after taking them. There are a few black patches that annoy me, but the bronze has grown on me. Matches my Renthals well too. Still, I wish they'd stayed black! :(