Visit site
185HP, 419 pounds. I'll take 2, please!

5c8408ca-67ef-4ac0-aabc-abd7853c032d.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a V twin, I see a cylinder up top to the rear and an exhaust pipe, way down and low up front... Adjustable shifter lever(slides on the arm), 6 piston calipers up front, ain't much to that front fender!!

Bet that's a wheelie monster!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZG5_z8nQS8"]EBR 1190 SX at Indy - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bigger question is why does a bike with an engine that big get to weigh as much as mine.

Its a V twin (a bit lighter than an in-line 4) with just about everything aluminum, one ft rotor, aluminum side stand, no windshield, fairing, etc.. That seat is as flat as the old Sazuk "B-King", like sitting on a board, (but really fun to ride!!)

For all those goodies, bet it costs 3-4 times the price of the FZ too.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its a V twin (a bit lighter than an in-line 4) with just about everything aluminum, one ft rotor, aluminum side stand, no windshield, fairing, etc.. That seat is as flat as the old Sazuk "B-King", like sitting on a board, (but really fun to ride!!)

For all those goodies, bet it costs 3-4 times the price of the FZ too.
Well yeah I know it being expensive means they can make it with super light materials but it seems like in general bikes aren't all that light nowadays for what they are. (600s) Like liter bikes can can be as light or lighter than 600s, why are the 600s so over engineered or unloved? lol

I would think any straight motor would be lighter than any V design, straights are simpler, no?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well yeah I know it being expensive means they can make it with super light materials but it seems like in general bikes aren't all that light nowadays for what they are. (600s) Like liter bikes can can be as light or lighter than 600s, why are the 600s so over engineered or unloved? lol

I would think any straight motor would be lighter than any V design, straights are simpler, no?

With the technogy available today, they can get unbelieveable HP gains.

Re the V vs an in-line 4, the 4 will likely rev much higher but of course has HALF as many cylinders, pistons, valves, narrower crank, narrower block, etc. With that said, you have a narrower frame and it goes on.

The 04-09 FZ6', as you know was designed / sold as a semi entry level bike, (cheap end of the scale at the time). Look at the new 600, 70 HP maybe?? New riders don't know the earlier bikes will flat a$$ smoke a new FZ6.

I've run against my friends BMW go fast K1300 and kept with him (pretty much even steven). With the lighter weight of the 600, 14k red line, super flickability, run on REGULAR fuel YET, its a no brainer for me and suits my needs just fine. I've run R6's, and again, pretty much no one won...

If you want to talk about over engineering, the FZ, in the big scheme of things is NOT over engineered at all and as you know, damn near bullet proof.

You can get a Suzuki 650 Savage, single cylinder, air cooled, very simple engine, very dependable. Nice and simple but with maybe 40 HP
(I'm guesstamating), thats what you get without water cooling, a red line less than 6,000 RPM's, etc.

Our 600's vs the current 1000cc bikes, you have to remember, are now at least FIVE YEARS OLD. Lots of things have changed, technology, thinner aluminum, etc. Compare a late 1990's bike to ours, same thing, holy crap!! The advancements in 5 years!!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With the technogy available today, they can get unbelieveable HP gains.

Re the V vs an in-line 4, the 4 will likely rev much higher but of course has HALF as many cylinders, pistons, valves, narrower crank, narrower block, etc. With that said, you have a narrower frame and it goes on.

The 04-09 FZ6', as you know was designed / sold as a semi entry level bike, (cheap end of the scale at the time). Look at the new 600, 70 HP maybe?? New riders don't know the earlier bikes will flat a$$ smoke a new FZ6.

I've run against my friends BMW go fast K1300 and kept with him (pretty much even steven). With the lighter weight of the 600, 14k red line, super flickability, run on REGULAR fuel YET, its a no brainer for me and suits my needs just fine. I've run R6's, and again, pretty much no one won...

If you want to talk about over engineering, the FZ, in the big scheme of things is NOT over engineered at all and as you know, damn near bullet proof.

You can get a Suzuki 650 Savage, single cylinder, air cooled, very simple engine, very dependable. Nice and simple but with maybe 40 HP
(I'm guesstamating), thats what you get without water cooling, a red line less than 6,000 RPM's, etc.

Our 600's vs the current 1000cc bikes, you have to remember, are now at least FIVE YEARS OLD. Lots of things have changed, technology, thinner aluminum, etc. Compare a late 1990's bike to ours, same thing, holy crap!! The advancements in 5 years!!
Good points, I'm happy with what I have. Sometimes numbers aren't everything!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing it'll be around $25k.. so yeah.. it'll be up there.

Try around $19k!

Just read an article and comparo against the 1199 Panigale in Cycle World Magazine. The lap time difference always had the Ducati a few tenths ahead but not enough tenths that you would say for sure that the Duc was faster on the track. Looking at the specs. The EBR 1190 is a superb bike and they said the torque and chassis are great. The RX has no quick shifter which probably accounts for the faster Duc tenths laps.

I'm very happy for what Eric Buell has done in the face of a lot of adversity.
:rockon:Go Team EBR!:rockon:

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
The Buell also had a front brake rotor that wasn't finished quite right.
Gave them a bit of a shudder, if I remember correctly. :confused:
Gave them some problems,added to lap times.
An American bike that can run with the best!
"I'm chuffed"as our friends say! :cheer:
H-D shutting Buell down was the best thing they've ever done.
Go Eric and EBR!!:thumbup:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try around $19k!

Just read an article and comparo against the 1199 Panigale in Cycle World Magazine. The lap time difference always had the Ducati a few tenths ahead but not enough tenths that you would say for sure that the Duc was faster on the track. Looking at the specs. The EBR 1190 is a superb bike and they said the torque and chassis are great. The RX has no quick shifter which probably accounts for the faster Duc tenths laps.

I'm very happy for what Eric Buell has done in the face of a lot of adversity.
:rockon:Go Team EBR!:rockon:
Dat chain drive tho...weren't Buells famous for using all belts?? (I didn't know this was a Buell before you said so)

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Man... I really want one of these. EBR in East Troy is only about 45 minutes from my home, I'd really love to support the local company! Too bad just under $20,000 is a little steep for this 24 year old.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dat chain drive tho...weren't Buells famous for using all belts?? (I didn't know this was a Buell before you said so)

Some of the similarities are there. The huge perimeter style front brake IIRC is a Buell staple. Also the new EBRs are storing fuel in the frames, just like the old Buell line did. Older Buell bikes did other interesting things, including under-engine centered exhausts.