Electic Bike Sets Record at Pikes Peak, Faster than Gaaaaszzz bikes!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait a minute!!!! I thought I remembered Greg Tracy at Under 10. up the course.

Published on Aug 23, 2012

Team Ducati's Greg Tracy's race up Pikes Peak in under 10:00 minutes. The 10:00 mark was only beat last year by Monster Tajima in his unlimited car. Greg and Carlin Dunne battled for top time in the motorcycle class.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTiTPAusog4]Greg Tracy's under 10:00 race run at Pikes Peak! - YouTube[/ame]

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good developments on the electric motorcycles. Saw this video last week : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyYAJgEblrA]Jay Leno's Garage - Electric Motorcycle - Mission Motors Mission-R - YouTube[/ame]

Slowly the range of the bikes are improving and they are beginning to match the peak power of the Combustion engines. Maybe one day we see a Motogp/Superbike race with an EV in the mix. This is a very disruptive development in Motorcycling!!!

No more exhaust roar :(!!! But... it seems like motorcycling is going to survive the petroleum era, and get even better when the time comes :thumbup:!!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lithium Ion batteries have been a great improvement over prior battery technologies, but they're a bit dangerous in automotive applications. They're not especially susceptible to catching fire, but once they do, they contain both fuel and oxidizer and they're difficult to extinguish (ask Boeing).
Last week I read an article about the next "big thing", lithium-sulfur batteries. They don't have the combustion issues, but also potentially four times the energy storage capacity!
Interesting times we live in! :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No more exhaust roar :(!!! But... it seems like motorcycling is going to survive the petroleum era, and get even better when the time comes :thumbup:!!!

That's probably the biggest negative byproduct of the EV evolution:(

Nelly

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait a minute!!!! I thought I remembered Greg Tracy at Under 10. up the course.

Published on Aug 23, 2012

Team Ducati's Greg Tracy's race up Pikes Peak in under 10:00 minutes. The 10:00 mark was only beat last year by Monster Tajima in his unlimited car. Greg and Carlin Dunne battled for top time in the motorcycle class.
Greg Tracy's under 10:00 race run at Pikes Peak! - YouTube

They didn't claim the fastest run in history, just this event was my take on it.

((QUOTE / PASTE))
Dunne managed to hustle the 500-pound, 200+ horsepower electrified motorcycle up the 12.42-mile, 156-turn mountain in 10:00.694 — that’s within spitting distance of the overall course record a few years back.

But still, who woulda thunk a few years back an electric bike would come anywhere close to meeting that of a combustion engine!!!