Electrical problems since I installed HID's

Dragonryu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Guys

So maybe you can give me a hand, I installed some HID's with angel eyes and LED strips and since then I get ERROR_1 when I shut the bike off. I only get error 1 when my battery is drained, and apparently is when the ECU is not getting signal, all the installation is ok, so I does not have to do with wiring issues.
Also when I turn the high beams on the head light fuse burns (not instantly, but can take some minutes or some seconds).

The bulbs are 55W and the wiring harness is 35W/55W, and the fuse is the 20amp that came in the bike.

Not sure if someone else have had the same problem.

Thanks for your help guys.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could you give a little more info on your HID setup? Are you running 2 HIDs or a single HID? Are you running the HIDs from a control relay hooked to the battery or are you strictly using the headlight circuit to run the HID/s If you have a Hi/Lo beam type HID there is a shutter the gives you the high beam operation by allowing all of the light potential pass where on lo beam the shutter blocks the upper light output. If it is the shutter type there should only be the addition current to operate the plunger which should not blow a fuse.
Let us know how this is hooked up with the type of HID it is. I can only assume it is the projector type as you say it has Angel eyes and I think your meaning Halos? :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the error, the ecu is always looking for input from the sensors that provide input. When its unable to continue as the energy from the battery is too low, the ecu shuts down. If the ecu shuts down in this manor, it generates that error code. Why is your battery dead?

How are you charging?
Do not jump the little FZ from a running car it will damage the regulator rectifier....

You might get a volt meter on there and check the battery voltage when off, idle, and 3000 rpm. You should not be over 14.5 volts >4K rpm.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1. If the problem occurred right after the installation, then the wiring is the most appropriate thing to look at first. So if you can let us know where you hooked up the power for the ballasts, angel eyes and the high beam solenoid it would be a good starting point. ..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dragonryu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all the answers.

Motogiro: They are dual HID's and the relay goes directly to the battery, but it also feeds from the headlight circuit, the high-beams are controlled from the normal high-low beam switch from the FZ6, and there is a shutter inside the lens that blocks the high beams. Only the HID's are hooked to the relay, the halos (Yeah the product name was angel eyes and demon eyes, but they are indeed halos) and the led strips are hooked to the headlight low-beam, so they are always on, so the have a tiny inverter to give power to the halos. So the harness only controls the HID's Low and high beams and the shutter.

FinalImpact: Yeah, I read somewhere that since the lights are consuming less, the ECU thinks that there is no headlight.
And the battery is not dead, my bad, I was trying to say that the only other time I've seen that error message was when the battery has been dead.
Thanks for the advice on how to charge it.

trepetti: The wiring seems ok and according to the installation video, could be that I'm overlooking something.
The wiring harness relay goes directly to the battery and has another connection that goes to the headlight connection, from the harness a connection goes out to the ballasts and then to the light bulbs.
The low and high beams are controlled by the Wiring Harness and operated by the normal switches.

I'll try to upload a wiring diagram this week, because if I send pictures it's hard to tell where everything goes, so I'll draw one the same way it's connected to the bike.

Thanks for your help guys, I will be uploading this diagram soon so that everything it's easier to understand.