Eric, you're a bad influence...

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Norm: get the bike if you want the bike so much - life is short. Is it a financially good decision? No. It's better to keep your bike (the reason I am keeping mine). I too have vested in a Givi hard bag, lowered seat,etc... Ihave lusted over a GSX650F since they came out and had a hard time deciding between the FZ6 and the GSX. Still don't know if I made the right decision, but a year and 4600miles later I am OK with it. Bought my wife a Ninja 250 to start on. The guy in Nault's Suzuki had a left over 2008 GSX650F he is selling $5562 OTD!!!!!! New MSRP is $7899 for 2009. I am so tempted to switch, but financially can't justify it right now. My wife would kill me. :cool: I'll wait another year.

If you go with your heart then get it. Logic says no. :cool: I'm like you commute year long and my bike looks it. ;-) (like that GS1200 BWM commercial)
My two cents...
Dani

Dani, thank you so much for that very candid thought! I too, bought a bike from Nault's Honda. We are definitely close enough (I'm in West Newbury, near Newburyport) to get together for a ride.

I'm 52 years old which means I'm old enough that I don't have to prove anything to anyone so it's not like I'm 18 and my first bike is a Hayabusa. But your intent is good and I appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE]

I'm right there with you in oh so many ways.... I'm 50. My FZ6 has about 9K miles (all mine), and I've got the itch. No good reason, mind you; I just have the itch. Threethings make it hard to pull the trigger: 1) In reality, the FZ6 is all the bike I need. In fact, I worry a little about litre power, but my riding companions assure me it's all in the wrist. You can see from my sig, I'm much more cautious than careless; 2) The FZ6 is just so dang good it's hard to take a chance on an unknown, which will at most be incrementally better for my riding (remember, I'd never ride an FZ1 to even nine-tenths), and 3) Between the initial expense and increased insurance (plus tax, licence and a few mods), my wife would kill me. Guess #3 makes it easy, huh? ;)

Alan, all good thoughts. Thanks. You and Dani make good sense! The FZ6 is really all I'll ever need. Like a previous poster said, want and need are two different things. Need is common sense. Want is something else entirely.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
3) Between the initial expense and increased insurance (plus tax, licence and a few mods), my wife would kill me. Guess #3 makes it easy, huh? ;)

I'm with you... #3 trumps all. ;)

I got lucky, because my wife was the one arguing the deal for me. I got to sit by and laugh as the saleman squirmed in his seat. I'm a lucky man to have this woman! :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Norm, I am open for Thursday. Provided the weather holds up, where would you like to meet? I can meet anywhere between Portsmouth and your place. Let me know.

The luggage, I still have so I can tell you that it does fit without much issue. I'm going to PM you my cell number which you can call right up until I get on the bike at 3:30pm on Thursday.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Norm, I am open for Thursday. Provided the weather holds up, where would you like to meet? I can meet anywhere between Portsmouth and your place. Let me know.

The luggage, I still have so I can tell you that it does fit without much issue. I'm going to PM you my cell number which you can call right up until I get on the bike at 3:30pm on Thursday.

Thanks Eric. I'll probably call you tomorrow. Maybe we could meet somewhere on the route 1a coast ride we both like to do, assuming the weather's OK.