Error code 22, my bike cant read the Air temp sensor!

Marzzone

Reaction score
Visit site
20663478_1500942543285950_2001527356_o.jpg

Hello!

For a while now i´ve had a problem with Error code 22, it does´nt effect the bike in any way except the "check engine" light is always on (and thats irritating).

The problem is that my bike cant read the temperature that my Air temp sensor is sending to it, the Air temp reading is always stuck on 122 degreed F (50 c).

I´ve traced the wiring harness from the airbox (where the temp i located) down too where it i rolls up with a bunch of other wires, and it looks fine.

What shall i check next? I´m out of ideas.....please help. :)

Want to fix this before it´s winter in Sweden, that won´t be untill like October or something, but still it´s very irritating to have the check engine always on.

Last edited:

gulfpete

2004 FZ6N
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a multimeter?
On both pins of the temperature sensor you should get 2.2 to 2.7 kΩ at 20 deg C (68 deg F).
Check the wires for continuity between the temperature sensor plug and ECU - same color wires.
Check the connectors for corrosion.

Marzzone

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a multimeter?
On both pins of the temperature sensor you should get 2.2 to 2.7 kΩ at 20 deg C (68 deg F).
The sensor is brand new, i just orderd a new one from my Yamaha dealer and installed it a few days ago. So dont think thats the problem.

Check the wires for continuity between the temperature sensor plug and ECU - same color wires.
Checked, no visible faults ord damages along the way to the ECU.

Check the connectors for corrosion.
Where the sensor is connected there´s no corrosion, havent checked the connection in the ECU yet, is it safe to unplug the ECU just like that or should i unplug the bike from its battery so i dont risk losing any settings or something? (first time unplugging it). =)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pull the 35A fuse or the battery Neg and inspect the ecu connection. As GP suggested, ohm the sensor wire back to the ecu. Notice the black/blue trace is a common ground with the other sensors. Ohm to a working sensor w black/ blue trace.

Fwiw: its easier to unbolt the ecu than to force the whole ecu harnes away.