Fastest superbike??

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting.....

The fastest superbikes duke it out in Nardo/Italy - ADVrider

nardo%20ring%5B2%5D.jpg..

It appears that MOTORRAD, a German motorcycle magazine, has done high speed testing at Italy's Nardo Ring (a banked, 7.8 mile high-speed test track) with a BMW S1000RR, MV Augusta F4, Kawasaki ZX10R, Suzuki GSX-R1000, Yamaha R1, Honda CBR1000RR, Aprilia RSV4, Ducati 1198S, and KTM RC8R. The results are quite interesting:

BMW smoked them all with a top speed of 189.5 mph (305 kph), follwed by the MV 184.5 (297), Kawi 183.8 (295), Honda 179 (289), Aprilia 177 (285), Ducati 176 (284), and KTM 175 (282). There was no speed listed for the Suzuki and Yamaha in the link, but they stated the Kawi was the fastest Japanese bike, and the Honda the slowest. They also tested acceleration, roll-on and braking (see link for results).

But I think the most interesting results of the test was this:

The Aprilia RSV4 destroyed a crankshaft*,the GSXR 1000 put a whole in its crank-case by blowing a rod,the R1 blew a head-gasket,the MV F4 blew a tranny and the KTM burned a valve...
Only BMW,Honda,Kawasaki and Ducati had no problems running full throttle on the Nardo Track!

* post-recall bike

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate your post. I do not put much stock in their results though. The blown engines could easily be attributed to rider error, (since it's on a track). The "fastest" doesn't necessarily mean the one with the fastest top end either. (Probably just fastest lap times) Fastest top end I would have guessed the Busa and the Ninja were about neck and neck. Just my opinion...

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate your post. I do not put much stock in their results though. The blown engines could easily be attributed to rider error, (since it's on a track). The "fastest" doesn't necessarily mean the one with the fastest top end either. (Probably just fastest lap times) Fastest top end I would have guessed the Busa and the Ninja were about neck and neck. Just my opinion...

... do you have images disabled? It's a giant circle. Not much room for rider error going wide-open-throttle in a big circle. And in this case, "fastest" does in fact mean the highest top end. That's what they tested. And finally, as stated, there was no hyabusa in the test, it was a test of "liter" bikes (including ducati's 1198).

Reading comprehension, folks. (Sorry to be a jerk)

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Quite a few catastrophic engine failures during this test. Any idea if these bikes were fresh out of the crate, or properly broken-in?

I'm almost thinking the failures might be linked to high rpm, high strain use on engines that are essentially factory new.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
... do you have images disabled? It's a giant circle. Not much room for rider error going wide-open-throttle in a big circle. And in this case, "fastest" does in fact mean the highest top end. That's what they tested. And finally, as stated, there was no hyabusa in the test, it was a test of "liter" bikes (including ducati's 1198).

Reading comprehension, folks. (Sorry to be a jerk)

Is that really a giant circle track?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I google earthed it - doesn't show anything - not a giant round one, anyway.

Edit: found it - I was too far south..... :spank:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I first saw it I thought of the Large Hadron Collider! :thumbup:

picture.php

Worlds fastest neutrino!