Faulty hazards - possible alarm issue?

vvc_tro

Reaction score
Visit site
Afternoon all, had a search on the forum but can’t find the exact answer I’m looking for so hopefully someone can help!

New member and first post, instead of posting twice I’ve came straight in! I have a 2006 uk spec S2 fz6.
Had a few lighting issues since I’ve had it. Aftermarket led stop/ tail lamp is fitted with the option of indicators in the lamp. The indicators option has been removed and extra led lamps fitted either side at the rear for which were all working fine. The hazard lights would flash once when the button was pressed and then no turn signals would work at all. I have since fitted an electronic flasher relay that had cured the hazard light fault.
I went out this morning for a ride and none of the indicators or hazards work. I get a single flash of the hazards when I disarm the alarm but they will not work when I operate the switch. I have tried the original flasher relay incase the new one was faulty and this hasn’t cured the problem. I’m thinking it may be an issue with the alarm that is causing the hazard fault? Fuse is good. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance, Tro :cool:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to this great forum! I remember a member who had used the directional signal positive lead as a ground for running lights when the directional was in the off state. This may have been the OEM or and aftermarket flasher relay. This would mean that that positive circuit would be at a negative state when there was no positive signal present. This would mean that that positive circuit was not like an open circuit but instead it toggled between positive 12 vdc and negative ground in the off state. I would think when your alarm activates the lights momentarily this is not the case previously explained.

I would first start confirming that you have supply voltage to the flasher relay. When you test, with the key on, each lead should provide voltage when referenced against ground. If you don't have one get a 12 volt test light.
Again welcome to the forum and keep us updated.

Last edited:

vvc_tro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Motogiro thanks for the reply. I can confirm then with the ignition on I have no live feeds either side of the flasher relay

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember a member who had used the directional signal positive lead as a ground for running lights when the directional was in the off state. This may have been the OEM or and aftermarket flasher relay. This would mean that that positive circuit would be at a negative state when there was no positive signal present. This would mean that that positive circuit was not like an open circuit but instead it toggled between positive 12 vdc and negative ground in the off state. I would think when your alarm activates the lights momentarily this is not the case previously explained.
o_O

vvc_tro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi sorry for the late reply and thanks for the birthday wishes!! All sorted, turns out there was an issue with the alarm. Removed the alarm from the system and all good! Thanks for your help