Fazr6's Fender Eliminator installed

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Worked fine with my Delkevic exhaust, like it much better than the huge stock one. This is exactly what I was looking for, I do not care for aftermarket turn signals.

Shoutout to member rivettm, he sent me this kit. Very happy with it :D

IMG_20180921_095209_01.jpg
IMG_20180921_095216_01.jpg
IMG_20180921_095220_01.jpg
IMG_20180921_095223_01.jpg

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks fine.

I also don't like the typical aftermarket signals. They're usually small and not very noticeable. But that was what was on the bike when I bought it - 3rd owner.

I replaced the very skimpy eliminator and dim signals using an R&G tail tidy (not cheap but nice & sturdy) and I bought the signals off of an FZ1 whose owner went with integrated signals.

The R&G was the only eliminator that I could find that worked with the stock signals, and kept the rubber part of the mounting stalk.

Did you remove the rubber part and mount the signals to the cross beam on the eliminator?

Chris

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know the tail tidy works with the stock signals - that is sweet.

The signals end in a rubber grommet that has a plastic insert to secure them once attached to the eliminator. Both pieces were brought over to the eliminator. I did not remove the rubber from the signal.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Worked fine with my Delkevic exhaust, like it much better than the huge stock one. This is exactly what I was looking for, I do not care for aftermarket turn signals.

Shoutout to member rivettm, he sent me this kit. Very happy with it :D

View attachment 69445
View attachment 69446
View attachment 69447
View attachment 69448

Looks good!

Words of wisdom.... That is a really nice FE. I installed one about 4 years ago. But it has a weak point. It is made of aluminum, and because it attaches with only 2 bolts, it will vibrate. Mine actually broke and dangled by the wires on my license plate light. Could have been a disaster if it got caught in the chain. I ended up installing the Puig Fender Eliminator. Unfortunately it is quite a bit more expensive than the one you have, but it is steel and attaches with 4 bolts.

Not saying that the one you have is no good, but mine did break and you should keep an eye on it.

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a great point. I used the oem screws that went there with a washer - As I was tightening it I thought about how this bike loves to loosen screws/bolts. I think I'm going to add a drop of blue loctite to those two bolts that mount it to the frame.

It seems very sturdy, did it crack?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a great point. I used the oem screws that went there with a washer - As I was tightening it I thought about how this bike loves to loosen screws/bolts. I think I'm going to add a drop of blue loctite to those two bolts that mount it to the frame.

It seems very sturdy, did it crack?
it did crack just to the rear of bolts. if i had to do it again i would look to add some support that kept it from flexing behind the mount point. To be clear, it was on for over 4 years with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk