Fender Eliminator with mounted taillights

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched for a post but none were available that answered my question. I want to get a fender eliminator with the turn signals.

First question is how hard is it to remove the stock fender, replace it with the fender eliminator and then wire the rear turn signals so it actually works?

Second question is how hard would it be to remove the front turn signals and replace those?

Third, if I did NOT remove the front turn signals and installed the fender eliminator with the turn signals would that look ugly?

Fourth, I read about one of the fender eliminators and someone saying that you could bearly see the turn signals when on at night or in the day, is there a good(cheap:D) fender eliminator kit you guys know of?

ALSO- this isn't relevant to the title but it's fairly easy installing HIDs, correct?

Yeah i'm a new bike owner :confused:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
1: Stock fender is very easy to remove! I don't remember the exact procedure because i did mine when i changed the exhaust and had the grab handles off already, but it won't be much more than 6 or 8 bolts.

I think you can remove it without removing the grab handles but i might be wrong.

2: I have not removed the front turn signals, but if they are anything like the rear, they are just a rubber boot and a clip, or a single nut to remove. Takes about 5 minutes to change if you have two hands and the correct tool.
If you go with LED turn signals you might have to get adaptor plates, and you will have to get a flasher or a resistor for the LED turn signals to flash at the correct rate.

3: Only you can tell! try and see!

4: mine are just fine, but i have kept the original turn signals

Front:

DSC_3911_zps0d402606.jpg

Rear:

DSC_3894_zps79590b01.jpg

My fender eliminator is made by Evotech Performance in the UK, great product, i also have their radiator cover and their brake levers (not in the pictures)

Yamaha FZ6 2004-2013 Tail Tidy | Yamaha Tail Tidy

5: Like everything else it depends of your skill and of the kit you use. Some will be pretty straight forward, with a stock looking bulb and a ballast that you hide somewhere.
Some will require you to start butchering the stock light assembly and mod it heavily.
I would think that a minimum of electrical knowledge might be needed as you might have to add relays and splice things into the harness.

Last edited:

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
1: Stock fender is very easy to remove! I don't remember the exact procedure because i did mine when i changed the exhaust and had the grab handles off already, but it won't be much more than 6 or 8 bolts.

I think you can remove it without removing the grab handles but i might be wrong.

2: I have not removed the front turn signals, but if they are anything like the rear, they are just a rubber boot and a clip, or a single nut to remove. Takes about 5 minutes to change if you have two hands and the correct tool.
If you go with LED turn signals you might have to get adaptor plates, and you will have to get a flasher or a resistor for the LED turn signals to flash at the correct rate.

3: Only you can tell! try and see!

4: mine are just fine, but i have kept the original turn signals

Front:

DSC_3911_zps0d402606.jpg

Rear:

DSC_3894_zps79590b01.jpg

My fender eliminator is made by Evotech Performance in the UK, great product, i also have their radiator cover and their brake levers (not in the pictures)

Yamaha FZ6 2004-2013 Tail Tidy | Yamaha Tail Tidy

5: Like everything else it depends of your skill and of the kit you use. Some will be pretty straight forward, with a stock looking bulb and a ballast that you hide somewhere.
Some will require you to start butchering the stock light assembly and mod it heavily.
I would think that a minimum of electrical knowledge might be needed as you might have to add relays and splice things into the harness.

I can't see the picture now because I am on a work computer but I will look at it when I get outside to check my phone. But would I be able to remove the turn signals off my now STOCK fender and transfer it to a fender eliminator kit? I thought they were like mounted on and stuck all together. Also, your fender is expensive lol. It's like the puig I seen on eBay;
Puig Fender Eliminator Kit Black for Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 2004 2007 | eBay

ALSO, when I search "fender eliminator kit" on eBay, I get a ton of listings.. and then I add "for 2007 yamaha FZ6" and it goes down to 2?! :(:confused::eyebrow:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
This also looks pretty nice.

Fender Eliminator LED Plate Light for Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 2006 2007 Motorcycle 06 07 | eBay

If I got this, I would have to change the stock headlights to 6000k HID's. Do you have any pictures where someone has bright white LED's for their license plates?

Regarding your first question "But would I be able to remove the turn signals off my now STOCK fender and transfer it to a fender eliminator kit?"

Yes and no! It depends on the design of the fender eliminator kit. Mine has the same mounting as the stock one, it is designed to fit the stock turn signal which are held by a rubber friction clip. If i want to use LED turn signals which use a bolt and a nut i need to buy adaptor plates.

Now, regarding your second point, i don't really understand why an LED license plate light forces you to get HID headlights, what i do see is that the fender eliminator you posted really look like a cheap chinese knock off.

I would personally not spend money on something like that, you get what you pay for!

If you eBay "FZ6 tail tidy", and add US only in the search there are a lot of options.

I would buy something like that: cheap and looks well made, with a warranty.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Black NL | eBay

All you need is a small LED plate light and you are good to go:

2 White LED Car Motorcycle Number LICENCE Plate Bolts Pair Screw Bolt Light | eBay

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Send an email to 3679larry on ebay. He sells nice FE kits for our bikes that can use the stock turn signals AND the stock license plate light. If you want to replace the stock signals down the road, you can still do that.

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding your first question "But would I be able to remove the turn signals off my now STOCK fender and transfer it to a fender eliminator kit?"

Yes and no! It depends on the design of the fender eliminator kit. Mine has the same mounting as the stock one, it is designed to fit the stock turn signal which are held by a rubber friction clip. If i want to use LED turn signals which use a bolt and a nut i need to buy adaptor plates.

Now, regarding your second point, i don't really understand why an LED license plate light forces you to get HID headlights, what i do see is that the fender eliminator you posted really look like a cheap chinese knock off.

I would personally not spend money on something like that, you get what you pay for!

If you eBay "FZ6 tail tidy", and add US only in the search there are a lot of options.

I would buy something like that: cheap and looks well made, with a warranty.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Black NL | eBay

All you need is a small LED plate light and you are good to go:

2 White LED Car Motorcycle Number LICENCE Plate Bolts Pair Screw Bolt Light | eBay

Well I plan on adding HID's regardless but I would want the output color to be the same for the front and back. Also, for the 2nd eBay you showed me, is that what you have?(I am still at work:disapprove:) The one where I can mount my turn signals onto the plate? And as for the lights, I can use those to switch out the original license plate lights?

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
Send an email to 3679larry on ebay. He sells nice FE kits for our bikes that can use the stock turn signals AND the stock license plate light. If you want to replace the stock signals down the road, you can still do that.

I will definitely take a look at that, thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have any links to any of his items? I can't find his eBay account to browse his items.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm running one of the 3697larry FE's
they were originally made by FZR6
here is a link to theinstall instructions
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4wmjamen56t3kt/FE install instructions.pdf

there are a few pics in there
its an easy install takes about an hour and a half by the time you un do all the clips connectors and re route the wiring to take up slack.
I really liked that it used the stock indicators and plate light.
the indicators are still (just) with in the 30 cm outside left to outside right, so pass australian laws for separation

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0vlpczjt098ggo/rear end.jpg

this pic shows the finshed product installed. because there is no rear reflector I used reflective tape around the plate light. Its been on now for over two years and I have never been pulled up by the boys in blue so I hope it doesnt happen now that I mentioned it
good luck with the search

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site

He has no item for sale :confused:

I'm running one of the 3697larry FE's
they were originally made by FZR6
here is a link to theinstall instructions
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4wmjamen56t3kt/FE install instructions.pdf

there are a few pics in there
its an easy install takes about an hour and a half by the time you un do all the clips connectors and re route the wiring to take up slack.
I really liked that it used the stock indicators and plate light.
the indicators are still (just) with in the 30 cm outside left to outside right, so pass australian laws for separation

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0vlpczjt098ggo/rear end.jpg

this pic shows the finshed product installed. because there is no rear reflector I used reflective tape around the plate light. Its been on now for over two years and I have never been pulled up by the boys in blue so I hope it doesnt happen now that I mentioned it
good luck with the search

I had a glance at the picture last night, I am at work and once again all the pictures are blocked :( so I'm going to have to look at it when I get home. But what do you mean there are no rear reflectors, is it suppose to have one?

Is re-routing the wire difficult, or is it just moving it around a little?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
when you remove the original rear guard, below the numbrplate is a red reflector.
If youuse the 3697larry FE it does not have a reflector as part of its design, so i simply used red reflective tape and wrapped it arounfd the number plate light housing.

re routing the wiring is pretty simple, it ends up with about 3-4 inches of slack which you just double over itself tape it together and zip tie it to the frame. Dont cut it shorter as it is tidy when you put time into doing the whole install and is also reversible for the next owner if they want to change back to original

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
when you remove the original rear guard, below the numbrplate is a red reflector.
If youuse the 3697larry FE it does not have a reflector as part of its design, so i simply used red reflective tape and wrapped it arounfd the number plate light housing.

re routing the wiring is pretty simple, it ends up with about 3-4 inches of slack which you just double over itself tape it together and zip tie it to the frame. Dont cut it shorter as it is tidy when you put time into doing the whole install and is also reversible for the next owner if they want to change back to original

I can't even find 3679larry's FE. And this does NOT include splicing right? It's just all moving stuff around?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah from memory no splicing, I just had a look for the FE and youre right nothing there under Larry or FZR6,who was the original designer(I think)

there are a few that are close in design and I remember someone putting up a design that required cutting out and bending into shape from a piece of ally sheet, it means a search for you unless someone remembers the thread.....

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site

Brandon

Fastest FZ6 on my street!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a $10 fender eliminator from eBay and use my motodynamics tail light for the turn signals. Most fender eliminators are just a piece of steel so ebay ones work just as good as the expensive ones.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see a plate light on that FE kit. That can cause you to fail inspection in VA. Not having dedicated turn signals is also an issue for some.

3679larry may not have any items for sale, but you can still contact him and see if he's planning to make any more kits.