Fizzer vs Mazda 3 MPS

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
you'd be surprised what a not very impressive 4 door can turn into, one of my favorite videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSAbsfziia8]Audi S4 (B5) tribute - Sleeper - YouTube[/ame]

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to wait until 2016 to reply with this but lets keep this stale thread fresh :D.

Are these being piloted via remote?, if not lets redo the #'s for the bike since with rider you are adding almost 50% more weight.

I understand the cars #'s are a bit off, but not as much as the bike's:

450lb bike with 200lb rider making 90hp = 7.2lb per hp (a bit closer to the car).

If you are racing up an incline, you better hope you've got more torque per lb on tap than the other guy!

I think this is more about the operator ;).

A bit, maybe, but it's more about physics. I don't think that there are any bikes or riders out there capable of pulling 1G in a turn. There are plenty of cars that can, however. It's about geometry and contact patches, in the corners a proper car will (almost) always win.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is from 2009 lol

But I'm chime in too lol my buddy used to have a 06 speed3 and all stock that car was very impressive for a station wagon...

The speed3 is a 5dr hatch my volvo (Helga) is a wagon. also the torque figure on the speed3's is incredible. there's a guy on campus who has a white one (and by far the best looking speed3 ive ever seen) with around 300rwhp. its low but not slammed, and it will get down. he's also got a bike and i talk with him frequently, but pulling from about 50mph i guarantee that 3 would smoke my FZ.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm.... I never got pulled on like that on the highway, not from mazda speeds, WS6s, corvettes, (until 150) but never got "left out of the Gate"

Yes I know, s , sq, squ,squi, SQUID!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not so sure about that either.....the only car that has ever taken me was a monster Cobra with ~800rwhp that (supposedly) layed down 10.53 in the 1/4

the FZ is no slouch by any means...

Last edited:

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Mazdaspeed3 (Mazda3 MPS outside the USA) with an intake and Cobb stage1 tune. It's quick, especially in 3rd gear and up. Lots of torque from 3000-5500 rpm.

However, the only way my FZ6 would be slower was if I was shifting at 7k rpm. Once the FZ6 gets revving, it is easily faster. And the FZ6 would easily dust the MS3 off the line, as the MS3 struggles to put the power down in 1st and 2nd.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah from a dead stop not many cars have a chance, but if the car catches you off guard and your not in the right gear it's very possible, especially on a turbo car because their power deliver is so much different from a roll. And yeah it still sounds funnier calling it a station wagon lol and sweater, you do know it FWD not RWD right?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As I'm part of the Zoom Zoom gang and help the Speed 6 folks (same engine as 3's) these days, the speeds with a tune and more boost will get up and go so it may not be "hands down" kinda race like non-boosted 4 banger.... <did I just diss a 4 banger?? haha

Anyway - I'm posting to comment that NOT all packages are the same. . . Exhibit A) these guys boosted a POS Neon and it lays down 411whp. Obviously I'm not a Dodge fan by any stretch, but these are cheap, light and can make HP for $cheap$. You were warned!
attachment.php

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread, but the new comments are fun :rolleyes:

Oh yeah from a dead stop not many cars have a chance, but if the car catches you off guard and your not in the right gear it's very possible, especially on a turbo car because their power deliver is so much different from a roll. And yeah it still sounds funnier calling it a station wagon lol

I woud have to agree with patrick and chevy, from a dead stop and if the FZ is paying attention the Mazda would not win. Granted they are FAST lil stockers, I test drove the **** out of one.

Maybe at a rolling 60MPH the Mazda could take it, I have a subaru spec.B and it is a monster on the highway, if I downshift to 4th and got the jump on a FZ I might win. Id love to find out.

I still have my doubts, every time I drive the spec.B I think "I wish this had the accelration of my bike..." :thumbup:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
What you will find is that as the speed goes up the aerodynamics of the FZ6 hurt the acleration. Look at the difference in 0-060 times and the difference in 1/4 mile times. Most of the 1/4 mile difference is made in the 0-60 part. So a rolling start at say 50 would be a much closer match for many cars.

However if you are really into blowing off cars just get a Ninja 1400.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
1400s are so damn big LOL!.

If you want the most bang for your buck. 90-99 eclipse, laser, talon AWD.

Those 4g63t held the record for the fastest 4 banger in the world, something like 6.53 @200+

If done right, you could have a 9-11 sec daily driver for about 10k

AND NO! Not the 420a Chrysler motor Eclipse in the fast and the furious! With so much NAWS it BLEW the "welds" on the intake and destroyed his riveted in floor pans WTF? For a 1 minute quarter hahahaha.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
And while we are talking about cars vrs bikes, unless your racing an auto, my fazer was 64 in 1st and 95 I second. Now factor the time it takes a biker to **** if he even uses the clutch, against a car that will use the clutch, well that's if he is shifting higher than 2-3 K anyways