Nice to see a cop sometimes

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are times when you love to see a cop when you are out riding and yesterday morning was one of them.
I was on my regular commute of ten kms into the city and about 3 kms from work, so the speed limit is still 60kmh. I had just taken off from the lights and got up to 60 pretty fast in the right hand lane (remember we drive on the left here). As I got to the crest of a gentle rise I noticed some school girls about to get into their family car and the duck back into the protection of the line of parked cars. About a second later a little Mazda 6 sped past at what I reckon was in excess of 120kmh
Next set of light he had to stop and another rider cruised past me filtered to the front and took off ahead of the Mazda 6, both now in a 40kmh zone. There was a huge truck in font of both of them about to turn and he was using half of the lane the bike was in so he got well ahead, as soon as the Mazda had a clear lane he was up to 100 again and before the next set of lights cut in front of the other bike. No indicators and a really close call, I could see the nose dip on the bike as he had to pull up short.
As we were both stopped we exchanged knowing looks and both of us thought the Mazda driver was better off in front of us so we could see what stupid thing he did next. And we didn’t wait very long!
Another set of lights and the Mazda is pulling up in the right hand lane, second from the line, all of a sudden he cuts into the centre lane. By this stage the lights have been red for 2-3 seconds. The left lane, reserved for left turns and buses is empty so the Mazda cuts into it floors it and takes off through the red. What a beautiful sight to see not one but two, big white BMW’s with red/blue lights turn to follow the Mazda and pull him up 100 metres down the road.

victoria-police-on-motorbike.jpg

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
My 45min commute out here in Utah is 80mph highway all the way and nearly everyday I see people pulled over for speeding, and I've seen a dozen or so cars blow by going 90-100 pulled over a while ahead when the pass where the highway patrol likes to hang out, so much for saving time by speeding :rolleyes: