Forum (Jacket) Patches

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So.... I realized that when I moved to the City last year, I lost my forum patch :ban:
That said, maybe it's time to do another batch of patches?

Cost: I'll try to get it similar to the last batch at $9/patch shipped worldwide. If I can bump to the next minimum order bracket, I will try to lower the price.

ETA: No idea yet - I'd like to get the design idea first, and then will contact a couple of companies.

Size: 4.5" x 2.5"

Design: Now, I suck big time at design, so any suggestions are welcome. Here are the few designs I came up with this morning and put together in PowerPoint - obviously, I'll have to refine them, but will mostly rely on manufacturer's design team to polish it out. I have a few more ideas/refinements, which I'll try to post later today/tomorrow.

My re-interpretation of the previous design:
Slide1.PNG

Blue-ish (yes, I'm biased) designs (there is a white border around them):
Slide2.PNG

and
Slide3.PNG

One of the options available is to have "FZ6-forum.com" in reflective color. I don't know the price differential yet - it will be a part of custom quote, which I'll then translate into cost per patch.

So, what say you?

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
i think the "international online fz6 community" line takes too much attention ... (on the banner of the site also). I think the url is self-explanatory and only clogging up the design :)

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think the "international online fz6 community" line takes too much attention ... (on the banner of the site also). I think the url is self-explanatory and only clogging up the design :)

Brings a good point. One or the other perhaps?

I like the idea though, keep us posted! Ill be in. Also, i like the idea of the reflective. Id pay a few bucks more for it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the black background. A friend and member (motojoe122) who was just here in Cali. to ride and visit family had this patch:

48978d1372824811-new-jersey-representin-tues-7-2-2013-now-video-img_1050.jpg

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:steve::steve:
I got mine when Falcon6123 did a run of them, I found it a year or so later after the last time I moved. Finally deceided to get it put on:rolleyes:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I like the top one the best, with or without the slogan that others suggest on ditching.

I would get one, but I don't know how to put in on. I don't cook so I eat out every night and I certainly don't sew.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I like the top one the best, with or without the slogan that others suggest on ditching.

I would get one, but I don't know how to put in on. I don't cook so I eat out every night and I certainly don't sew.
I took mine to a uniform shop.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the black background. A friend and member (motojoe122) who was just here in Cali. to ride and visit family had this patch:

48978d1372824811-new-jersey-representin-tues-7-2-2013-now-video-img_1050.jpg

I'd get one.
This one looks nice. A reflective portion would be a plus.

Thanks,

Angel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Tagger. Too cluttered. The International business is redundant.
IMHO The international part of the forum is pretty fundamental we have members from:
Australia
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
England
France
Holland
Ireland
Jerusalem?
Kanada lol
Merica
Norway
Mother Russia
Poland
Turkey
USA

This list is not exhaustive and just off the top of my head, however it's up to you guys.

Nelly

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
One of these (like the top version) would be nice. Are they iron onable? Wondering: how do you adhere one to mesh material?

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be getting more than 1 for myself! I'll go along with whatever is decided, but I like the original design the best. When I saw it on Joe's jacket, the "International" made it even more awesome to me because it reminded me of friends near and FAR.

If the vote ends up supporting a similar patch to last time, you might consider a different shape to set it apart - oval or round...that way Motojoe will have to buy a new one. :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be getting more than 1 for myself! I'll go along with whatever is decided, but I like the original design the best. When I saw it on Joe's jacket, the "International" made it even more awesome to me because it reminded me of friends near and FAR.

If the vote ends up supporting a similar patch to last time, you might consider a different shape to set it apart - oval or round...that way Motojoe will have to buy a new one. :thumbup:
Oh Jen, if you only knew how much that was to sew on a JR jacket:spank:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the "International" line as well - to me, we are a community that spans cross the world, so that is an important part.

As far as how to affix it to the jacket, there is an iron-on option, and i'll try to get a quote for that, but, frankly, I'd get somebody to stitch it on for secure placement.

Ok, looks like the original design is getting a lot of traction. I like it a lot, but it also would be nice to have something slightly different, so I'm somewhat split. I'm going to contact the companies and see if they have any suggestions - they have creative types on staff, let's see what they come up with.

PS: One thing I've been looking at is the Yamaha Motors logo (with tuning forks overlapping the circle), but i'm not sure if it will look good embroidered.