Frame slider of choice?

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about other brands but i just bought some t-rex ones from ebay, quality seems to be really good and the price was awesome.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I completed two stall and fall test on my Motovation sliders, love em!!

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Puig. More expensive than other ones, but IMO they actually look like accessories instead of just looking like pieces of plastic sticking out.

I lowsided going 35 and they completely saved the frame and engine from the road.

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
I have LSL frame sliders. I got them in red to match my bike, and they do match exceptionally well. I have not crash tested them, and hope to continue not crash testing them :) I did have issues whacking my knee on the silly things after I first installed them, but I haven't had any issues with that in a while.

LSL Crash Pad Kit - Yamaha FZ6

Unfortunately, I don't have any good closeup pictures of the sliders on the bike. If you'd like some, let me know and I'll try to get some for ya.

Be safe,
~Scott

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
The first ones I had were the T-Rex ones from eBay. They're cheap, but don't let that scare you off. There are tons of people that have put them on their FZ6 and some that have "tested" them and they held up great. Reiobard, I didn't even notice that they'd disappeared from eBay here in the States. Hmm...I wonder what's up with that?

I replaced the T-Rex sliders with Puig ones and I love em. I wanted something with a little more color, so I got the blue ones and the color matches the '06 blue perfectly. They've been on there for 2 years and I can tell you for a fact, the blue DOES NOT fade. Not one bit. And because of the "mushroom" shape they have, they're great for putting your heels on to stretch out your knees on a long ride. I can't recommend them enough.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got R&G Racing sliders.There good,but stick out a hell of a way.In fact I've often thought,that in a frontender,I'm running the risk of shattering both my shins :eek:

Another concern is if the bike did go down,that the slider would actually tear a lump out of the frame,as they seem quite solid and don't revolve.

I'm thinking of replacing them with the shock absorbing type.

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I like R&G and I wouldnt change them for anything else on my bikes.

Unless you have a massive crash, they shouldn't damage the frame. They are bolted to the strongest point on the frame, and they use de-embrittled bolts.

You might bend the mounting bolt but I think the frame is pretty safe, have a look at some of the bikes on the testimonials page of their website, lots of high speed crashes, some bent bolts, but no broken frames.

With regards to the revolving type sliders, I have heared it said that they can make your bike slide further/for longer, where a static slider, if its made from a material which doesnt 'dig in' will slow the bike down faster.

Guys who have crash teated sliders/bobbins from other manufacturers, could I ask, were you able to buy a single replacement for just the side that got layed down? Genuine question.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to R&G other than as a happy customer.

Arty.

wely324

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for some T-Rex ones lately, but they seem to have disapeared on Ebay in the states.

I just got t-rex sliders last week from Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks
They take paypal or any credit card and they shipped very quickly as well.
Putting them on was easy and they look good too imo.

i would think all the well known companies make good sliders, its probably just personal preference.

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Some great suggestions. Thanks all.

I'll be checking out the puigs closely, since one of my main reasons for the sliders is to use them as impromptu highway pegs on long hauls.

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I have LSL frame sliders. I got them in red to match my bike, and they do match exceptionally well. I have not crash tested them, and hope to continue not crash testing them :) I did have issues whacking my knee on the silly things after I first installed them, but I haven't had any issues with that in a while.

LSL Crash Pad Kit - Yamaha FZ6

Unfortunately, I don't have any good closeup pictures of the sliders on the bike. If you'd like some, let me know and I'll try to get some for ya.

Be safe,
~Scott

Looking at that link, it looks like you have to buy the pads for 86, and the mounting kits for 86. Is that correct?

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I just sent T-Rex an email asking if they know when they will have the frame sliders back in stock for the FZ6. I will try to remember to post up here when I here something.

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at that link, it looks like you have to buy the pads for 86, and the mounting kits for 86. Is that correct?

First, I should start with a disclaimer :D
Disclaimer: I am not a representative of this company.

However, I did look up my receipt, and I paid a total of $86 for the set. This included the 2 pucks and all mounting hardware. I would still strongly recommend that you contact their sales department (either via email, or live chat) before ordering just to be sure.

Be safe!
~Scott