Fuel economy?!

asosa1127

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently bought TB cans and after the installation I noticed that there is a significant change in the in fuel economy. Before I would get to 70 miles on the first line of the fuel gauge, now I noticed that its 30 -40 miles. Is it normal for it to be doing this?

Also I got the exhaust last thursday and ever since that first ride on sat I smell something being burned...its not all the time, just once in a while every time I stop. Is it because of the new exhaust or something I did wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Well, the packing is going to burn in a little. And any liquid gasket they used will burn in a little.

As for the gas mileage, it's going to go down some. You did free up the exhaust some, but the most restrictive part of the exhaust is the cat usually, so it shouldn't be a drastic change. But, without going through 2-3 tanks and seeing what you normally get, before and after, it's hard to say there's an issue.

There could be any number of factors that caused it to go 30 miles less before the first bar came off. So, I'd just keep an eye on that smell. Or a nose as the case may be, and watch your gas mileage over a tank or two.

Thanks for the reply! Ill fill it up again tomorrow, I rode 120 miles on one tank (full to empty).

" The excess fuel usage is because you are giving it more throttle to hear that beautiful sound "

hahaha yea that's totally true, but more on the revving part :rockon: . I'm not riding harder than I used to, if anything I'm trying to keep it on low rpms to hear more of that deep thundering sound :D

Having a new exhaust is like having a whole new bike man! I gotta get used to the sound of when I'm straining my bike and when I'm not giving it enough gas.

My '05 had leo's ,K&N PC3 and -1 front and I was lucky to get 240k's per tank.
My ,06 is stock and I,m on 325 k's and still haven't hit reserve yet...........think I will leave it stock for now ,lol

I hear that!
The price of juice in the UK is so high now that exhaust mods are not looking too attractive for us poor Brits right now.:(

I've got the TB's on mine. Had 15/48 gearing when I bought it and I was getting 250 before reserve, now I'm back on stock gearing and am getting over around 300 before reserve.

To be precise - Before: 5.3L per 100km, After: 4.7L per 100km (you do the math):confused:

Back