Fuel tank bolt washer

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Lost a fuel tank bolt and had to replace it - I guess that's a pretty common problem.

This is more of a mystery, though. I bought the bike used, and when I got it, it had two bolts, each with a fender washer on it. The Yamaha parts list doesn't show a washer at all in the parts diagram. I've had zero luck finding a metric fender washer in stainless, so I'm planning on drilling out a standard fender washer, but I was just curious if anybody knows what the story is behind the mystery washer. I would assume it was just my bike if a friend of mine that also has an FZ6 didn't have washers as well. Seems like a weird coincidence.

Last edited:
I have a 07 yes they all have washers. I also lost one. Went to dealer and washer came with new bolt

I have a 07 yes they all have washers. I also lost one. Went to dealer and washer came with new bolt

Same with my 07. I just snug mine down good, haven't lost one yet (my FJR is the same, just snug it down good).... I'd use a stainless steel washer if I was you... A lock washer between the two wouldn't hurt either... :)

Back