Fun on an XT250

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As many of you may remember, Mrs. Lefty got a 2011 Yamaha Xt250 for Xmas and we've been having a blast riding together in the coastal mountains a few miles from our house. I've also done a thread on a fun ride with Cali rider when him taking the Mrs.' XT out for a flogging up in them 'hills on the stock Bridgestone TW41 Trail Wing tires to the point of pushing the front tire to the limits with a s$!t eating grin on his face doing it. Now I finally got around to putting some more street oriented tires, Kenda 671 (80/20) on it last week and took it out to scrub in the rubber before the Mrs. rode it. It took me about 20 miles of the 65 I rode to scrub them in and to trust them to the point where I wasn't thinking about the the tires sticking in the corners anymore while pushing them to the point where I would normally ride the FZ (well almost).. All I can say is was a ton of fun I had with that little 250 with 17hp up in the hills. :rockon: Passed one Harley (I know, no big deal) and one BMW FG800. Needless to say I'm seriously thinking about convincing Mrs. Lefty that she really "needs" a DZR400 or something with some more power. :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and I guess I should add that it cost me $3.50 in gas for 65 miles and an hour and a half of roller coaster fun...not bad! :rockon: