Fuse Blown from installing new indicators???

HarmfuL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi peeps just had a bit of a nightmare with my new Arrow Indicators I just bought..
Firstly, as I have an EvoTech Tail tidy (which has the same shape as the original fz6 tail, just smaller) the Arrow Indicators have a threaded rod on the end so will not fit within the indicator holder on tail.
So that didn't work and tried to wire it up anyway to see what they looked like. In doing so I came across another problem....the Arrow Indicator wire connectors do not match the original fz6 connectors leading to battery etc. I gave up shortly after so put it all back together and my rear taillight/indicators dont work..front and back??
Any suggestions would be greatful
Cheers
Dan

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like you may have blown a fuse. Do you know where your fuse panel is?

On the right side of the bike (as you sit on it) there is a plastic pod/panel. You will need an allen wrench for removal and there are also rubber grommets that hold the pod/panel using 2 studs. Pull straight out and the plastic panel should pop off. You will see a little black box. Pop the lid on it and there are the fuses. Pull and check each fuse. you should see the defective one but if you don't see it use an ohm meter to see which fuse has no continuity.

Now to the most important part why is the fuse blown? You must have either temporarily or momentarily shorted the tail/running lamp circuit. Do you have your wiring sorted correctly?

Hope this works!
Peeps

HarmfuL

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot ! I shall go out now and try this

My wiring is correct I just think I misplaced a wire with another and that blew the fuse. Would you no if there are any spares on the bike? My old XT came with spare
Cheers

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure about spares.....Just checked the manual and it says you should have a 10, 20, and 30 amp spare.

Good luck mate!

Peeps! :BLAA:

HarmfuL

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers Ive just sorted it and found the spares :D all lights are working now

Just another quick dumb question..As my new Arrow Indicator wires are too short, should i buy these???

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001DTJVOS/ref=asc_df_B001DTJVOS4441512?smid=A2EVNYYM3QZA3C&tag=shoppingcommp-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B001DTJVOS"]INDICATOR CONNECTOR LEADS GREY BLOCK SUZUKI/YAMAHA TYPE: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001DTF642/ref=asc_df_B001DTF6424441512?smid=A2EVNYYM3QZA3C&tag=shoppingcommp-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B001DTF642]INDICATOR CONNECTOR LEADS BLACK BLOCK SUZUKI/YAMAHA TYPE: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

skyworm

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think it is extention... Most likely adaptor.If you are not going to use your old indicators,cut the connectors with the wires and solder them to your new indicators.

HarmfuL

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks do you no which wires would match which? My new indicators have Black & Yellow wires

skyworm

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike's indicator wires are Black-Dark Green and Black-Brown.I guess black goes to black and yellow to other colors.The easiest way to check is: cut the wires from old indicators,connect them to new ones without soldering,try them.If everything works,solder them and insulate them.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks do you no which wires would match which? My new indicators have Black & Yellow wires

Rear directional-Left. Chocolate or brown. Black is ground.

Rear directional-Right. Dark green. Black is ground.

Front directional-Left. Chocolate or brown. Black is ground.
Front running lamp-Left. Blue with red tracer.

Front directional-Right. Dark green or brown. Black is ground.
Front running lamp-Right. Blue with red tracer.