FZ1 Bar Install Problem!

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've decided to join the FZ1 Bar club. Did research on this forum. Thanks everyone. Ordered and picked up the FZ1 bar the other day. All ready to do the conversion tomorrow.

Problem: People on this forum AND the local Yamaha dealer said the Bar Ends would screw straight into the FZ1 bars. Wrong! The FZ1 bars don't have any thread in them. (Suppose I should have looked when I picked up the bar!)

So it looks like I'll have to buy aftermarket bar ends. As all shops are closed tomorrow, I can't go look at bar ends. Where do I line the end of the grips up to? I notice the FZ6 grips overhang the bar slightly allowing for the bar ends. Are most bar ends flush? Do I line up my new grips (Oxford Heated Grips) level with the end of the FZ1 bar.

Thanks for peoples help

Ian.

You must have the wrong bars :eek:.

I did the FZ1 bar mod and part of it was remove the bar ends from the stock bar and put them into the FZ1 bar -- no fuss at all; there are surely threads.

This is a pic of my FZ1 bar from front; note the bar ends.

4166763151_f0f873bba4.jpg

Dennis

Yep it is you who is wrong. Perhaps they supplied 'bars that will fit an FZ1' rather than the stock replacements. Because the stock bar has the thread welded in, and is the same thread as the FZ6 bar. I'd bas asking for a please explain from them.

As for placement, if you keep them and go for aftermarket bar ends, then simply line you upr grips to the end of the bar. Don't let any part overhang because your new bar ends will not be countersunk.

Thanks for your replies. Confirms I wasn't stupid with my thoughts to begin with. Possibility that I've been given the wrong bar, or is there a possibility that they are different here is Oz?

I have been given (at least the pack says) part # 2D1-26111-11 whereas part # that I see elsewhere on the site suggests 2D1-26111-01. Not sure if there is a difference or not???? Pic attached shows the smooth side which has the tab on the top and the hole on the front, and the painted side has the hole on the top.

Will these bars still work for me?

Thanks for everyones help.

Check the search. I remember a thread or 2 on here that stated that non-US FZ-1 bars may or may not have the threads in the ends. That may have been Europe only but it could at least answer your question.

I've got a set of FZ1 bars in my closet with threaded ends and the ends threaded into them.

You wanted to one from the "faired" FZ1 and the correct part number is: 2D1-26111-01-00. You bought to one for the FZ-1N (naked version) which does not have the thread because naked version have different grip setup.

You wanted to one from the "faired" FZ1 and the correct part number is: 2D1-26111-01-00. You bought to one for the FZ-1N (naked version) which does not have the thread because naked version have different grip setup.

Unusual that they are different, but I've never really looked at the FZ1 before.

Decided to put the install off today - until I either get the right ones/or get some bar ends that fit. Will go back to the dealer tomorrow and find out about the other bars.

Cheers

Seems weird if this is true. My FZ6N has the thread, as does my FZ1 bars (and I'm in Australia).

I'd take them back to the shop rather than spend the money. The FZ bar ends are great, and screwing in means they're always tight.

Well, rang the local dealer and got another story......

According to him, the -11 part with no threads is from the pre-2006 models and the -01 part WITH threads is from the 2007 onwards models. He has ordered me a new set.

Different story, but my problem is solved in the end without paying extra for different bar ends.

Cheers everyone.
Ian

Well, got the new 'bars from the dealer. What ever the reason - Naked/Faired/Year Model/Country of Origin - the part I needed was 2D1-26111-01.

NOT 2D1-26111-11

And it was $10- cheaper! Woo Hoo! Still AUD$100- though:confused:

So let the changeover happen this weekend!

You're going to love it - well worth the cash. Can I suggest if you haven't already, dropping the triple clamps a tad as well? The combination gives you far better weight over the front wheel, and yet sharper/faster steering. It's like you've put another 20psi in your front tyre :)

Well, got the new 'bars from the dealer. What ever the reason - Naked/Faired/Year Model/Country of Origin - the part I needed was 2D1-26111-01.

NOT 2D1-26111-11

And it was $10- cheaper! Woo Hoo! Still AUD$100- though:confused:

So let the changeover happen this weekend!
Don't complain about $100. Before I bought my Rizoma bars, a Perth Yamaha dealer quoted my $150! Really? $50 difference in freight? I don't think so :(

Back