ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got the bike back from the shop for a major tune (new plugs and an K&N air filter. Got it home and put in a PCIII (YES!!!!). Now it feels like it wants to leave me behind every time I hit the throttle lol :rockon:.

So my next mod I wanted to do was to change the bars. They make the outsides of my hands hurt like hell and eventually go numb. Feels like all the pressure is either on one side of my hand or the other all the time.

I'm 5'10'' and can flat foot the bike easily. Is the handlebar change something that can possibly fix that?

If so, what year handlebar should I buy from the FZ1? I have a 2006 FZ6.

michael-james

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking into this mod also so went into the Yam dealer to check on the bars for the FZ8. They had a demo model in the shop so i could get a feel for the bar position. Felt much better, not twisting your wrists and elbows inward like the standard FZ6's. Seem to be about the same width and height but with less of a backwards sweep. Didn't want to go the FZ1 route as they are just to wide and straight for my liking.
Should be installed by next weekend when i'll report on how it went.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have these on my '06,not FZ1 bars but they do change the ride position quite a bit.

picture.php

eclinck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post in this forum. I'm from Brazil and have a 2007 Red FZ6S. Today I did 300 miles and realized that I must get lower handlebar to increase confort.

I have the same doubt just like ScubaSteve08.

Thanks.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think it matters, but I bought the 09 bars. Please take a look at my link, and you'll see how much I paid, and the part #.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think it matters, but I bought the 09 bars. Please take a look at my link, and you'll see how much I paid, and the part #.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure 07-09 are exactly the same (older ones may be same as well), even though part numbers may differ.

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
I just won some used FZ1 Bars on ebay for £18.00 including shipping. Around $27. Im not too bothered if I dont like them as will re-sell but thought id least try them.

fz1bars.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just won some used FZ1 Bars on ebay for £18.00 including shipping. Around $27. Im not too bothered if I dont like them as will re-sell but thought id least try them.

fz1bars.jpg

If the bar ends are included, that's a steal of a deal!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
partshark.com is where I got mine. Low price and they shipped mine the same day.

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondered, before I fit my FZ1 handlebars to my 04 FZ6, will there be enough clearence without handlebar risers? cheers