FZ6 "Black project"! Now with Spy Video!

Oh, and here's some better photo's, bit like the ones i posted in the Streetfighter section of the forum, but different!

URL=http://img80.imageshack.us/i/ff4k.jpg/]
ff4k.jpg
[/URL]

Ok, update time....my CF rear hugger should be here in a few days! :D:D:D

And i have ordered a set of Gaass! Special products 28mm Fat Bar risers, just in case i want to go back to a drag bar set up at any point...like when i might wanna ride the thing further than 200km's in a day! The Risers are made by the same people that made the top triple clamp on my FZ6, so they will fit, and match up perfectly!

Went looking at Fat bar's yesterday...there are some very very nice options out there...expensive, but nice...am thinking Aluminium wrapped in real CF might be the go!!!

Anyway, here is what i am waiting on now...

View attachment 32264

View attachment 32265

View attachment 32266

The CF rear hugger is going to really make a big difference, will clean up the back end of the bike perfectly, and match up with the CF front fender...cant freaking wait for the thing to get here...the CF reart hugger drama started a long time ago for me!

:rockon:

Wish I had a money tree right now!

You are giving me a lot of inspiration :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes....this is the last of it for a fair while now....these 2 items sorta complete this chapter of the bikes development! It has cost me a fair wack of coin i will tell ya... :eek:

I sorta have Christmas & a trip to Tasmania early next year, to focus on now!!! :D

Whats this trip to Tassie of which you speak :confused: :BLAA:

Looks like some good bits of kit you have bought yourself there mate :thumbup:

Lol....the trip where i get to ride, ride, ride....god i love to ride.... :rockon:

As for the kit, only the best this bike! :rockon:

That is one sweet FZ6 let me tell ya. I do have a question on how you got rid of all the under seat stuff and the side pods? There is all kinds of wireing also. It really opens it up nicely. Way too cool. Thanks

That is one sweet FZ6 let me tell ya. I do have a question on how you got rid of all the under seat stuff and the side pods? There is all kinds of wireing also. It really opens it up nicely. Way too cool. Thanks

Re-locating the wiring, fuse box, lean sensor, etc, etc, was definitely a challenge and one which involved a bit of logical thinking, using other parts of the modification's to mount it all on, and fabricating new bodywork to make it all fit, be accesible (easily), mot compromise it's operational integrity, and for it all to be hidden from view, and water!

The result was to pull all this wiring, and the associated switch boxes, etc, up under the seat, and use the fibreglass/ carbon fibre reinforced box that now sits on top of the subframe, to support the seat, to mount some of the wiring loom inside, and some of it on the outside of the box!

We also took off the original underseat tray and fabricated a new undertray....

Here's how it all looks under there now!!!
View attachment 32279

View attachment 32280

View attachment 32281

View attachment 32282

View attachment 32283

View attachment 32284

View attachment 32285

View attachment 32286

View attachment 32287

View attachment 32288

As you can see, i have put the power commander under the petrol tank, and as you can see, i have easy access to the Speedohealer, & fuse box...simply by removing 3 the 3 bolts that hold the seat on the bike....all of it is protected by the custom undertray we designed, & fabricated...

All the brackets, the seat box, and the undertray were all finished off in 2 pack paint.

Result is fantastic....and i still have room under that seat for a small tool pouch!

:thumbup:

It is always a treat to see your handy work........looks awesome (as usual:D)! I think you must have the MOST modified FZ6 of ALL TIME.

Thanks I appreciate your input and pictures. There is a lot of work involved changing the rear end like that. But that's what you do for a living and quite well I might add. Now that's a really naked naked FZ6. :D Great job and it gives me some ideas.

Thanks I appreciate your input and pictures. There is a lot of work involved changing the rear end like that. But that's what you do for a living and quite well I might add. Now that's a really naked naked FZ6. :D Great job and it gives me some ideas.

Actually I work as a DJ for a living! This is just what I do with my spare time! Which these days...is a fair amount of time...

I tried to set up my own shop, but fir various reasons, it just was nit the right time...but the experience gave me' a good grounding for getting a decent workshop set up with a bunch of decent tools!

The workshop is home now, and as such is more a place for me to learn more and more about fabrication, modification, and servicing!

One day it would be nice if I could make a living out of it! Tinkering in the shed is very rewarding.

hats off wolfman...very clean lines, definitely one of a kind

What kind of special mapping are you running?Do you get 98.4 on the wheel?

Niko

hats off wolfman...very clean lines, definitely one of a kind

What kind of special mapping are you running?Do you get 98.4 on the wheel?

Niko

Yes, that is at the rear wheel, with two brothers Ti pipes - open, BMC air filter, modified airbox, 98 octane fuel, NGK iridium plugs, Motul 7100 oil, and a custom map done by a very experienced dyno operator!

I sorta need a new map, as now I have shortened the end cans by 85mm, have had cat removed, and have had headers, mid pipe, and exhaust connector pipe ceramic coated, inside and out..all of which would change parameters from when original map was done!

:rockon:

Back