FZ6 "Black project"! Now with Spy Video!

re: FZ6 "Black project"! Now with Spy Video!

Very Very Nice! Im pretty pumped about this, I havent been on much but its crazy to watch you do this. I want to machine polish my stuff but im too lazy to clean wheels, will they corrode if you don't clean them or rust?

Will they rust or corrode? I have had my wheels polished for nearly 2 years now, and they have showed no signs of detoriation...but then keep them clean, if not polished, all the time...it is a chore keeping them tip top, but the reward is so shiny! Lol!

Your project is looking great. I have been wanting to do some projects but I have had to wait to start them. Coming this winter I plan on starting something. I will be sure to post pics of what I'm up to.

You are an inspiration. Thanks. :thumbup:

oh, and :popcorn:

Rightio...this arvo i went to the paint shop to pick up the bits i needed to get started on the re-build proper...

As you can see below, the sub frame came up "mint", no sign of any of the stuff that was chopped off. The paint matches the main frame of the bike. You can also see the new custom undertray that Mikey (Ozzieboy) and me designed, and the painter fabricated...very bloody nice indeed, and neat as a pin...is mounted via the original underseat mounting points...

You can also seat the box that the seat will sit on under my fat ar$e, this is also fibreglass, like the seat unit, and has been reinforced with Carbon Fibre in the area's that will be under "stress". The electrics, that were originally under the side covers, will also be mounted inside this box...

Then there is the seat unit....what a renaiisance...when i took it there it was pink, and smashed up pretty bad from a track stack...now it's like new, with a new seat pad, new paint, the tail light cut out, for the FZ1 tail light, and as i mentioned before, carbon fibre reinforcement, where i sit, and where it mounts at the rear of the bike...

View attachment 31871

View attachment 31872

View attachment 31873

View attachment 31874

View attachment 31875

View attachment 31876

View attachment 31877

View attachment 31878

View attachment 31879

View attachment 31880

Anyway, it's time to go build this bloody thing!

:rockon:

Now I've just got to get rid of this lurgie so I can help you wack it together.:rockon:

Probably a good thing to let it sit a couple days anyhow. Just to let the paint "ripen" a little more:BLAA:.

Thats cool than I might consider getting them machine polished, after I go through my new set of tires.

I doubt I am the only one when I say this is the most amazing mod project I have seen! Great taste and well done! Bit over my head though.. :rockon::D

Would love to see some videos, especially of the full ceramic exhaust!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
can't wait to see the end result!

Now I've just got to get rid of this lurgie so I can help you wack it together.

Probably a good thing to let it sit a couple days anyhow. Just to let the paint "ripen" a little more.

Bro, i so wish you were here right now....cause it's done! Well 90% of it anyway, other than a couple of small things, like connecting the tail light, and of course, installing the CF rear fender when it arrives, along with the Radial mounted front brake calipers....which will be next week some time...

But tonight i entered the shed at 10pm...and at 3.30am, i finished!

Aint ridden it yet...but i have started it....and it sounds just like it looks...like it's freakin evil!

Everything fitted up reasonably easily, and all the fabricated parts fit perfectly...i could not possibly be happier...actually i am in a bit of stunned shock, cause it looks just like i wanted it to...

To sit on it, i am a bit higher on the bike, but the reach to the bars is less...the seat aint exactly plush...but that was expected....it's now a racing bike with lights!

It's too freakin late to do a full write up and post all the pictures from the build...cause i took lots of photo's every step of the way with the build...as requested by a few...

So i will do that tomorrow i reckon...

But for now, a few crappy shots taken in the shed with crap lighting, and with a camera that has a scratched lens! Will take some video later, so people can hear the shortened, un-baffled pipes! it's LOUD! Will take some better photo's later on too...when the sun is shining, and i have cleaned all the greasy finger marks off the bike...

feast your eyes on this lil fizzer people! there aint another one like it!
View attachment 31882

View attachment 31883

View attachment 31884

View attachment 31885

View attachment 31886

View attachment 31887

View attachment 31888

View attachment 31889

View attachment 31890

View attachment 31891

Opinions please...

Well its hard to tell from the pictures, but better pictures can't make it look any worse, and its already at the point that my jaw dropped to the floor and if I had the cash/expertise would try something similar! I love it and hope you enjoy it as much as I am looking at it!

My brake calipers just arrived in the mail! Woot! Woot!

:rockon:

Thanks for the nice words too people that have posted comment....lots of blood, sweat and $$$ have gone into doing this lot of mods...not to mention the burn from dropping solder on my hand at 3am in the morning! youch!

:eek:

Love the final product, very agressive yet clean look. It seems like not only youve put together a very solid design for this bike but youve also taken no short cuts while you were fabricating and fitting parts. Also it shows you had a competent team surrounding you :thumbup:. I also really like your subtle use of carbon fiber, nice touch that mate. Finally I must say that even though the baby blue worked well with your other bike...I find that it looks somewhat odd on this particular beast:Flip: but thats just me

Love the final product, very agressive yet clean look. It seems like not only youve put together a very solid design for this bike but youve also taken no short cuts while you were fabricating and fitting parts. Also it shows you had a competent team surrounding you :thumbup:. I also really like your subtle use of carbon fiber, nice touch that mate. Finally I must say that even though the baby blue worked well with your other bike...I find that it looks somewhat odd on this particular beast:Flip: but thats just me

Baby Blue? I am not with you? :confused:

You want opinions ???? I'll give you an opinion :eek: its a freakin' MASTERPIECE we common folk are not worthy :D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now where is the promised video ??? :spank:

You want opinions ???? I'll give you an opinion :eek: its a freakin' MASTERPIECE we common folk are not worthy :D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Was just about to go do the video....

:scared:

You want opinions ???? I'll give you an opinion :eek: its a freakin' MASTERPIECE we common folk are not worthy :D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Couldn't have put it better Humps! Fully sick bra!

What do we want?
Video!
When do we want it?
Now, or the teddy gets it!

Back