FZ6 delivered today

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
It took one week since I made a deal on an Ebay FZ6 to get a transport company and wait for it to arrive from Dallas to NY.

It looks to have survived the trip pretty well. Overall, I have good things to say about the transport company.

It is a 2006 with 2800 miles. Paid $3200 plus cost to ship.

Here are a few pics.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$3200?! Very good price!
How much was the transport?

Enjoy your new bike! :thumbup:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all!

cost exactly $495 to ship door-to-door. Considering that everything costs more in this Metro area, cost plus ship still puts me in lower than buying one here.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all!

cost exactly $495 to ship door-to-door. Considering that everything costs more in this Metro area, cost plus ship still puts me in lower than buying one here.

Congrats. That's a very clean looking (slower blue) bike! See you on around...

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I know this is talked about alot on this board.. but what the heck is slower/faster blue all about?

Blue absorbs more short wavelength (high energy) light, and because of this experiences more thermal expansion and therefore more drag, making the blue ones slower. But I'm sure you'll be perfectly happy with your choice. :BLAA:

:welcome: to the forum, nice bike!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Nice deal, on a nice, clean bike. Are you planning on doing any preventative maintenance on it? It would be a good idea to check the brake fluid for discoloration, and replace the fork oil.... probably a good idea to run some fuel injector cleaner thorugh it as well. Not many miles, and lots of sitting around on that one......

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, really good idea to go over the bike. For starters, I am doing an oil change..probably going with Mobil 4T. Not a whole lot of riding season left in these parts which gives me time to do these other suggestions. Also, have been wanting to install frame sliders. Any suggestions on which ones to get?

emsee

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a really good price. How did you verify it was a good bike without seeing it in person? I'm thinking I might do something similar, so just interested in how to verify you aren't buying a lemon. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice price for a nice looking bike! Congrats!

As for the blue thing? Well, the blue blows right by the red because the red attracts too many police and they have to sit on the side of the road too much waiting for tickets while we grin and drive on by.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine's competition white - that is way faster than any other colour, no matter what thermal expansion etc is tested.... hahaha

:Flash:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Blue absorbs more short wavelength (high energy) light, and because of this experiences more thermal expansion and therefore more drag, making the blue ones slower. But I'm sure you'll be perfectly happy with your choice. :BLAA:

:welcome: to the forum, nice bike!

Don't worry. 10 times out of 10 red will be pulled over by the man while blue flies by laughing at them. It's just nature. :thumbup:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, have been wanting to install frame sliders. Any suggestions on which ones to get?

Congratulations, nice bike thought the silver is actually the fastest bike. I recommend Motovation frame sliders. I have crash tested them and they saved my bike from major damage. A little more expensive than the others recommended here but a $100 investment may save your $3000 bike - it is a no brainer for me.