FZ6 gets new wheel color

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
In progress ......hehe, I've got one wheel sprayed, it was a spur of the moment thing, stopped by my friends auto body shop today and he was painting the wheels of a Nissan Juke in this awesome gold/brass color, there was about a pint left over so I asked the Juke's owner when she came in if I could buy the left over paint for my bikes wheels, she was so sweet she let me have the paint & flat clear for free! Who knows maybe she thought I was cute or something :don'tknow:, so I gave her a proper thank you and literally ran out of the office, I lifted up the bike with a floor jack and a piece wood and pulled the rear wheel, got the wheel finished when my buddy asked if I wanted go his cousins birthday party in Tokyo, Hell yeah! since the FZ is torn apart I rode his R1, him and his wife rode her ZX-10, we set the GPS for the shortest route from Osaka to Tokyo, 6 hours 32 mins! we ran it in 5:29........

I'm still tired from the trip, the R1, and 8hours of partying in Roppongi, so I'll pull off the paint mask and spray the front wheel later, here's some pics for now.

Cell phone pics, sorry...

The old, gloss metallic bronze

Liquid paint mask, frog tape, and an Osaka newspaper

Paint & flat clear

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed! I really like the original color! Was that factory? We only got black wheels in USDM. I've always liked bronze wheels on a blue car/bike. :thumbup:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed! I really like the original color! Was that factory? We only got black wheels in USDM. I've always liked bronze wheels on a blue car/bike. :thumbup:

I have the same color on mine, came stock this way.
As i understand it it was part of a run called the "graphite" model, red saddle, grey tank and bronze rims. I always thought it was only available in Europe, surprised to see them on an American bike!
Or is this bike a Japanese bike?

Nice new color!

Just noticed your "spokes" were black, i like that!

Last edited:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Wheels definitely dress up any vehicle.

A few years ago I had an FZ750. It was Marlboro red\white and I had the wheels painted day-glo lime green for additional conspicuity. It was amazing the number of comments I would get all related to being able to see me better!

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any pics of the final product?

Osaka to Tokyo!? That's a long haul on a R1 it seems! I just left Japan after living in Yokosuka for about two years. I do miss it, but I didn't have my FZ6 there, so I'm doing alright. :BLAA:

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike had the same boring black wheels like all 07's, after 6 months of ownership I wanted something different, so I painted the lips dark bronze, it looked great with the o.e.m red paint, but then I converted it to a hardcore streetfighter clad in Ford Europe's electric orange pearl, now the wheels were just bland, it needed some spice, so now I finally have a new color, I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time, in the right country.

When I get back over to the shop I'll snap a pic of the wheel mounted on the bike.