FZ6 handlebars

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
After having FZ1 bars for the last couple years, I picked up a used FZ6R bar to see how it feels.
It's been said a few times already - pullback is very close to FZ1, but the rise is similar to stock bars,
but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is how different the angle at the tips is between the two.
The FZ1 bars angle upward, while the FZ6R is downward. I'll need more time to get used to this.

Got pics??

Harlequin Angel

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only had my Fz6n for a bit over a month and the stock bars were the first thing to go, wider renthal bars have made a huge difference

matt black

street punk
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same issue with my fz6n. I applied heat to the sweep bend and straightened the bars by about an inch and a half each side at the ends. Problem solved no cost

peter caden

Reaction score
Visit site
I too have only just bought this 08 FZ6n with 6,000 ks on it and have a small buzz in the bars so will try the YZ1,changed the grips to a better thicker pair not bad but will give the bars a try,tell me is ther a better brake pedal that falls inline with your boot haveing to lift it up every time to brake is a pain,have changed the footpegs and fitted a longer HD pair, have size 13 foot,moveing the pedal down is to low ,so need to bring out the oxy.Fitted a Givi screen and a verry loud air horn also centre stand yeah i know they don't come with one but it,s good.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
You can adjust the rear brake pedal with the spline on the lever (I'm guessing that's what you have tried) and you can also adjust it on the master cylinder push rod. Just have to loosen the lock nut and turn the rod then tighten the nut again when you find the spot you like :)

peter caden

Reaction score
Visit site
Tks for the reply tried the spline will work on it,apart from that it's not a bad bike i tell you one thing it goes around corners better than my harleys,in the 70 doing my bucket list with a mate to Ayres rock in the new year can't take the harley so bought the Yamaha he has a 900 diversion, need to buy a ventura rack and i am all ready,not to say the HD wouldn't make it but the yamaha will be fun less fuel to Ha Cheers.