FZ6 is a beast!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is completely stock and it kept up pretty damn well with a Suzuki Bandit (not sure what displacement, it definitely had to be a 600 or more though) and an R1 in a straight and some winding roads the other day. I dare say if I didn't have a passenger and were a better sport shifter it'd be even better yet. That was my most spirited riding I've done so far, I love my bike! The best part is I won't end up with the back pain like they well :D

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely! It's the rider, not the bike :rockon: It's so damn comfortable. I even have highway pegs on mine lol
However, sometimes I asked for more power. I'm really interested in Gixer 750 though, it's the best between 1000CC and 600CC. I test rode a Gixxer1000 the other day, and it has excessive power for the street.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely! It's the rider, not the bike :rockon: It's so damn comfortable. I even have highway pegs on mine lol
However, sometimes I asked for more power. I'm really interested in Gixer 750 though, it's the best between 1000CC and 600CC. I test rode a Gixxer1000 the other day, and it has excessive power for the street.
Gsx750r is a beautiful bike... Well developed frame, great suspension and brakes. I dare say it's the best bike in the 750cc class. I'm very much between an R1 and that bike for my next, they are both great bikes.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - GSX-S750 - 2015 - GSXS750 - Here you go! Brand new bike by Suzuki. Would be more comfortable like our bike. They also make a 1L variant.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is completely stock and it kept up pretty damn well with a Suzuki Bandit (not sure what displacement, it definitely had to be a 600 or more though) and an R1 in a straight and some winding roads the other day.

The fz6 is no slouch in the straights plus being so light and nimble it can be pushed through the twisties very quick. A few years back at one of my trips to the dragstrip I was matched up with a bandit 1250 for a few passes. I beat him the 1st pass but then he got better and better and started beating me. I would always take him off the line and had him until about half track or 1/8th mile and that's where we would either be neck and neck or he was reeling me in but he never beat me by more than .200 of a second so I was quite pleased at how the little 600 held its ground against a 1250

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I've not had the pleasure to ride a Suzuki yet, I've heard they shift so smooth (something the FZ6 definitely does not lol)

True. That's how i feel when i rode it. It really feels like a super sport motorcycle.

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I was exited when I first heard about it, but then by looking at its rival like the FZ09 or StreepTripple, I'm less interested now. And plus I want to play at the track more lol So it's more likely that I'll upgrade to Gixer750 (real sportbike)

The the GSR750 is rather lacking compared to the FZ09 and STR... it compares better to the old FZ8.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Our bike may be quick but there is literally no way you were keeping up with an R1. Maybe if he was just cruising? Lol. If this was some kind of chase or race, that R1 definitely wasn't trying or riding hard, sorry to burst your bubble haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a quick bike. I've had mine since 2006 and I still haven't maximized it's performance. Sure I can now outrun most novice and intermediate guys on super-sports once the road starts curving but the bike has a lot more performance that my skill hasn't matched yet. This is why I have never felt the need to "upgrade" the bike. It has been paid for since 2007 and has 90% of the performance of 600 cc supersports with the added benefit of being suitable for moderate touring duty.

One thing though. Please don't push your bike faster than you have before with a passenger. It's not fair to your passenger to endanger them that way. I would never ride to my limit with a passenger, 50-70% of my performance limit is about all I'm comfortable doing with a passenger. It's their life in your hands and testing your limits is best done alone.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Our bike may be quick but there is literally no way you were keeping up with an R1. Maybe if he was just cruising? Lol. If this was some kind of chase or race, that R1 definitely wasn't trying or riding hard, sorry to burst your bubble haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol they both pulled away slowly but I had a huge disadvantage. I'm a very light person (138lbs) so I can't imagine how much better it'd do with just me.

It's a quick bike. I've had mine since 2006 and I still haven't maximized it's performance. Sure I can now outrun most novice and intermediate guys on super-sports once the road starts curving but the bike has a lot more performance that my skill hasn't matched yet. This is why I have never felt the need to "upgrade" the bike. It has been paid for since 2007 and has 90% of the performance of 600 cc supersports with the added benefit of being suitable for moderate touring duty.

One thing though. Please don't push your bike faster than you have before with a passenger. It's not fair to your passenger to endanger them that way. I would never ride to my limit with a passenger, 50-70% of my performance limit is about all I'm comfortable doing with a passenger. It's their life in your hands and testing your limits is best done alone.
I still think our stats are underrated.

Great point and I follow the same general limitations, I was not pushing it in turns all the way. I'm not doing that until A I'm alone and B I have my new tires on. But straight line WOT'ing takes no skill lol

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I still think our stats are underrated.

Great point and I follow the same general limitations, I was not pushing it in turns all the way. I'm not doing that until A I'm alone and B I have my new tires on. But straight line WOT'ing takes no skill lol

No on the FZ6 straight line WOT is pretty much impossible to have an issue with. On bikes with more power and torque it's different. I tested out a friend's new FZ-09 and had the front wheel come off the ground in 2nd when I pegged the throttle even with leaning forward. I'm not much heavier than you.

Light weight guys like us on a 98 hp bike are equal in straight line speed to guys on 130 hp bikes who weight 180-210.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Light weight guys like us on a 98 hp bike are equal in straight line speed to guys on 130 hp bikes who weight 180-210.

Not to be rude, but that is totally not true lol. I don't see why people think a 600cc sport touring bike can keep up with a liter SS bike....

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be rude, but that is totally not true lol. I don't see why people think a 600cc sport touring bike can keep up with a liter SS bike....

I didn't say that. I said a 98 hp FZ6 could keep up with a 130 hp bike (which is an R6 or GSX-R 600) if the rider of the supersport 600 had 80-100 lbs of body weight on the FZ6 rider. A 1000cc Supersport makes more like 150-170 hp and there is no contest regardless of rider size.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't say that. I said a 98 hp FZ6 could keep up with a 130 hp bike (which is an R6 or GSX-R 600) if the rider of the supersport 600 had 80-100 lbs of body weight on the FZ6 rider. A 1000cc Supersport makes more like 150-170 hp and there is no contest regardless of rider size.

It still wouldn't, a newer 600cc SS would have a better power to weight ratio even with a heavy rider :p. Only reason I say this is because I did the math since I'm a nerd lmao :D

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
It still wouldn't, a newer 600cc SS would have a better power to weight ratio even with a heavy rider [emoji14]. Only reason I say this is because I did the math since I'm a nerd lmao :D
Well of course, if you look at the 2015 R6 obviously you could put someone who weighs 200lbs on there and it would still beat a 10 year old bike... I think he was talking in general, and that most people don't ride around on 2015 Cbr600rr's or R6's. And with that in mind, he could probably keep up with most people, depending upon riding style and knowledge. Also keep in mind he's probably a lot smaller than someone who weighs 200lbs, which would make him more aerodynamic, which is a huge factor in motorcycle top speeds.

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Well of course, if you look at the 2015 R6 obviously you could put someone who weighs 200lbs on there and it would still beat a 10 year old bike... I think he was talking in general, and that most people don't ride around on 2015 Cbr600rr's or R6's. And with that in mind, he could probably keep up with most people, depending upon riding style and knowledge. Also keep in mind he's probably a lot smaller than someone who weighs 200lbs, which would make him more aerodynamic, which is a huge factor in motorcycle top speeds.

Lol if you guys wanna disagree with calculated horsepower and weight numbers be my guest haha. Any 06+ 600cc SS should be making 120+hp...and closer to 130hp near 2010. Also a SS bike will be more aerodynamic....I mean they're made to race right? That's roughly 30% more horsepower....which is quite a bit. You're forgetting a 600cc SS will be considerably lighter than our bike as well, which negates some of the weight difference of a heavier rider. Believe what you want, numbers don't lie haha.

I rest my case though :p

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not looking to get I a fight, I'm just trying to present relevant information.

Parasitic loss due to the drive train is pretty much a constant percentage, not a constant value. So when you quote horsepower numbers from the crank, it's not as realistic as you think. With drive train loss around 13% or so on average, that is taking a bigger amount from a 120hp motor than a 98hp motor. So sure, they make more power at the crank (and also at the wheel), but it's not as big of a difference as you mentioned. I know you've got all these numbers worked out and I believe you, but gear ratios and rider ability are real world variables that horsepower and weight don't take into account.

Let me make my stance as clear as possible: Will a 600 SS have a higher top speed? Absolutely. Will it race faster at a track? Absolutely, given equal riders. But is it possible that a bad rider (slow shifts, heavy weight) could be beaten to, say 100mph, by am FZ6? It's certainly possible. That's all I'm trying to say.