FZ6 on the track

Truth

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just finished my second ever track day at Gingerman raceway. My first was three years ago at ACC, and both were done on my well worn FZ6. I'm thinking I'm going to do many, many more of these and I was really impressed with what I was able to do with what is basically a standard motorcycle. Towards the end of the day I pushed pretty hard and I would have been able to pass much sportier bikes in the corners if it was allowed. So now I'm thinking mods. I've always pined for an SV650 for a track day bike, but I figure I should use what I already have.

Has anyone converted an FZ6 for track use? What mods did you do?

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's mine at the track.

6BkXoou.jpg

The two main bits that have really made a difference is the R6 fork mod and rearset plates.

The stock rearset location was really holding me back, that's literally the first thing I would take care of.

Everything after that will be more incremental changes IMO.

If you want to throw some money at it though.
  • Rearsets
  • R6 Fork
  • Double Clicker Shock
  • Stainless Brake Lines
  • Upgraded Brake Pads
  • Tank Pads

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I just did my first ever trackday with my FZ6 on Monday. That is entirely too much fun.

I was just thinking that the pegs might need moved back a bit. I've got an FZ1 bar on the way as well.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think R6 rearsets fit.

There are aftermarket rearsets for our bikes on the market, but they're hard to come by.

I purchased setback plates from a member on these forums, I believe he made them.