Fz6 r6?

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
It's always worth it to have the right fuel going in for the amount of air it's moving, and "rejetting" is for carbed bikes vs the fz6 being fuel injected but same idea. The CO adjustment is actually built into the bike so it's free all you have to do is ground out a wire in the main wiring harness so nothing is needed but your time and some effort.

Here's some links to some threads about it
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-t...an-richen.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-m...-vince-18.html

Solid man what adjustments did you make and you can pull the ground out after your done adjusting correct? Some guy in that thread was talking about riding around after and his ground tripped an engine error code and then he just pulled it out and everything was good so do you leave it in or out? What did you run your ground wire to just the frame or somethin

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Solid man what adjustments did you make and you can pull the ground out after your done adjusting correct? Some guy in that thread was talking about riding around after and his ground tripped an engine error code and then he just pulled it out and everything was good so do you leave it in or out? What did you run your ground wire to just the frame or somethin
I actually ran mine all the way up to the negative pole on my battery and put a ring terminal on it to connect it. It's still hooked up as well and has been for thousands of miles with no issues or warning lights of any kind. I left it hooked up since I was changing it quite a bit trying to get it "dialed in" with out having to hook it back up every time. Right now I think I have both c1&c2 moved up 17 each. But you could run it to the frame if you wanted and you could also unhook it when done.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
buy an r6....

You spelled R1 wrong.

:p

But seriously though. It's not worth the money to try to make it an R6 unless you want the value of the experience or something and are willing to pay for it.

Buy an R6 and get clip on risers (they have them) and make the best with that.

OR

Just be happy with what you've got. It's a great machine.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You spelled R1 wrong.

But seriously though. It's not worth the money to try to make it an R6 unless you want the value of the experience or something and are willing to pay for it.

OR

Weather's better; how's the new bike? you track it yet?

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually ran mine all the way up to the negative pole on my battery and put a ring terminal on it to connect it. It's still hooked up as well and has been for thousands of miles with no issues or warning lights of any kind. I left it hooked up since I was changing it quite a bit trying to get it "dialed in" with out having to hook it back up every time. Right now I think I have both c1&c2 moved up 17 each. But you could run it to the frame if you wanted and you could also unhook it when done.

After you did the air box mod and ad Kand N filter did you mess with the c1/2 or do you recomend i do I'm gettin ready to take off in a week and a half so I want her runing right before I leave Trying to decide if I should get some extra horses before I take off or if its more trouble than its worth I don't wanna spend my last week trying to get it to run decent when it already does but on the other hand I wanna play around with it lol

You spelled R1 wrong.

OR

I get its more expensive and I should get an r6 and I love my fz6 I also love pushing my machines two wheeled or four to I was just looking for some advice from some more experienced forum members on cheap mods or ways to shed some weight and get my bike running more like its brother the r6.

I value making things my own and pushing them past factory specs

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
You know I can't really remember lol. I want to say that I did do it, I think I did the airbox mod and gutting the cat at the same time and went ahead and grounded that wire to get into the CO. I think after that I moved both up +5, but at that point I was more or less just playing around with it trying to figured out just what it could do.