FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

I've had enough of you contact me that I'll be making a short run of these (5 or 6). If you're interested, please send me a PM, or reply here, noting your color choice (black or clear/silver anodizing).

FYI, for those of you buying from this batch, I'm gonna try to see if I can get them to style it closer to the original design.

Met with the fabrication shop last week. A design spec'd out and I'm waiting on a final design this week. It will resemble something like the attached image (sorry about my bad Gimp work). Circles of increasing radius drilled out in the center plane starting at the frame stabilizer peg notch running along another radius in a fan like sweep. Still no pricing or availability date.

So...do these plates move the rearset back further? whats the purpose? Little confused
I would like to move the foot pegs further back a little..

If you look at the first post, I mention that the set back is 1 3/4" and the rise 1 3/8". The purpose is to create a riding position more like traditional sportbikes. For many, they are more comfortable for their inseam. I think someone also has a pic of the difference in the leg position in the installation howto's I link to.

I got pricing. $95 USD shipped + $5 for anybody outside the US lower 48. I'm only going to make 4 silver and 8 black sets (12 sets total). And based on who I've been talking to, I want to say almost all the silver are spoken for (or reserved; probably 1 or 2 sets for sale). I'm be making two silvers set of the older design (that I had kept as engineering models) available at $85 USD shipped. I'll work on getting a CAD JPEG export today. They'll be ready to ship in less than 2 weeks.

Ha, ha, oso2k, I need to pick one forum or the other to respond about these setback plates...lol.

As I just posted on SBN, hopefully I'm one of those you've already got down for a set. Silver or black, either one, is fine with me if others want a particular color.

I'm looking forward to these, as I always wished I'd got a set out of the first run!

Thanks!

I have a set of Oso2k's first setback plates and I have loved them since day one. Another bonus (Ped on the other forums deserves credit for finding this) is that if you still want them a little higher and further back you can mount R6(S) rearsets on Oso's plates for a full transformation.

I have a set of Oso2k's first setback plates and I have loved them since day one. Another bonus (Ped on the other forums deserves credit for finding this) is that if you still want them a little higher and further back you can mount R6(S) rearsets on Oso's plates for a full transformation.

Really? Where did he note that?

Ha, ha, oso2k, I need to pick one forum or the other to respond about these setback plates...lol.

As I just posted on SBN, hopefully I'm one of those you've already got down for a set. Silver or black, either one, is fine with me if others want a particular color.

I'm looking forward to these, as I always wished I'd got a set out of the first run!

Thanks!

Got you. Yeah. The original run cost me about half as much to produce.

Got you. Yeah. The original run cost me about half as much to produce.

Great! And I don't mind paying for a quality piece (especially when it's designed by a member!) Heck, I don't think $95 is high at all. I've yet to hear a bad review of your setback plates, so you must be doing something right.

Thanks again for making another run. I really appreciate it! :thumbup:

AWESOME! I'd been wondering what had become of the new run, but I figured you'd post up when you had them.

I would assume those of us that wanted the new ones will be hearing from you soon? And will you be posting a how-to on the install or will they work the same way as the others?

I can't wait! :thumbup:

Back