FZ6 Rider Down...

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it was a short journey. damn...

On the way to work in the early morning and I hit a black bucket. It really didn't help much I was in the failing light. Zero sunlight. I was riding along in the HOV lane. I came up over a crest on the freeway down into a small valley and just tagged it. Basically the bike shifted left then right and shot me off the bike like a pogo stick. The bike then righted itself and took off down the freeway. The bike tipped over on it side and slid on the Woodcraft frame slider. Then took the frame slider to a nub and pinched and cracked the frame.

Fortunately no one else was involved. I ended up breaking my shoulder... But that was about it. Fortunately my gear probably save my life. Aside from breaking shoulder. Any where I didnt have premium protection pretty much got sprained or bruised. Major lesson learned dont ever skimp on gear -meaning try not to get the cheap stuff.. Anywho, it was fun while it lasted. I also just wanted to thank you guys and gals for letting me apart of the FZ6 family.

Which brings me to the next topic... I should have quite a few goodies for sale. If there is anybody interested. Also if anybody wanted to know the Two Brothers Titanium "Black Series" black ceramic coated exhaust is unscathed. :thumbup:I must have at least 10 items for sale will post a list in the near future.

Yours truly,

NorCal FZ6

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you came out not too bad. Just because you dont have a bike doesnt mean you cant stay on the site, i havent had a bike for 2 years due to finances, but still come on as much as possible.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.... glad to hear you survived with only the injuries you listed. Good testament to having the right gear every time.

Best of luck on your recovery. Who knows, you may get another FZ6 and need those parts you're talking about selling!

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your injuries are not more substantial. Could you tell us how you fell/tumbled/rolled? You said you came off the bike? What do you remember about that? Do you think you had proper grip, etc? Is there anything you think you could have done to have stayed on and ridden it out?

I hope your rehab and recovery go well.
Tom

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about an accident but you fared pretty well considering all possible outcomes of a freeway crash.

Heal up and get back in the saddle my friend!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to see this.
That sounds damn scary! As said above, dismount at freeway speeds = glad you're here with only minor damage! Heal quick but don't rush it!

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Basically, I was thrown from the bike. Went straight into the barrier. Hit the wall, rolled a few times with head on the barrier and feet on the street like a stick. Righted my self, then slid on my back down the road about 15 to 25 ft. Coming to a stop. I clearly remember, I was sliding on my back I was thinking this was going to be bad, as I put my gloves on the ground- ouch. I think what saved me was my backpack and the jacket. I remember the whole thing vividly. Everything went into slow motion. I think my cousin best described as it as everything became clear. He was a big help, he was with me on the way to work that morning on an alternate bike. Total adrenaline rush. I just remember thinking "man when I get all this gear off I hope I don't have anything sticking thru me" or get some sort of clotted aneurism. The biggest thing was, I have this adrenaline pumping thru me now. I wonder how I am going to feel, when there is no more adrenaline. I ended up with absolutely no road rash.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear about your drop but very glad to hear that you are still about, hope the shoulder heals up ok and glad you didnt end up with anything sticking into or out of your body

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear about your drop but very glad to hear that you are still about, hope the shoulder heals up ok and glad you didnt end up with anything sticking into or out of your body

Thanks dude. Oh well. Hope everything is going well down under.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heal up soon. :thumbup: You were very fortunate it wasn't worse when you tangled with that barrier....(but a broken shoulder is nothing to sneeze at).
One of my biggest fears other than texter's is debris in the roadway. :Flip:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to hear that you walked away (for the most part). Hope you heal up swiftly and find the SOB who lost the bucket!

esabado

Reaction score
Visit site
wow good to hear it wasnt to bad, i myself have to learn from this and invest in some good quality gear.. hope you heal up soon!!!

p.s. i would def be interested in the two brothers exhaust!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
it looked scary from your description. im very glad that you came out pretty much in good shape. heal quick and get a new bike!

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this, but grey glad you are ok. What kind of material was your suit?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Pics of the remainder of the bike. As you can see the bike landed on its lefts side and just slid down to the frame. The right side is otherwise clean.