FZ6 S Bike Alarm

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings,
can anyone recommend a good bike alarm?
I prefer to get someone else to supply and install it as it makes it easier to litigate them later if the unit fails or my bike is stolen as a result of their negligence!

Rumpole

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a look at Wolfmans post in the Aussie section, there's a section in there about the alarm on his bike.

From memory, it's a Scorpio 9000, brilliant alarm.. I've seen it in action.

Do a search for Scorpio, it should come up with a few hits.

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a look at Wolfmans post in the Aussie section, there's a section in there about the alarm on his bike.

From memory, it's a Scorpio 9000, brilliant alarm.. I've seen it in action.

Do a search for Scorpio, it should come up with a few hits.

:rockon:

Wolfman's alarm is evil:rockon:...LMAO. You can watch people walk past his bike and freak out when it starts screaming at them...lol. It's also very loud.:D

Cheers
Mike

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes this is the alarm I need.
A friend from Shepparton in another group I am in (Chapter 6 Motorcycle Group) has one fitted. His alarm went off on Sunday at a friends house when a little kid who does things when he is told not to started tapping his buttons on his Suzuki Boulevarde.
My mate says by the time he got to his bike, the kid was screaming and we don't reckon he will touch a bike again! Might be a useful deterrant.
Thanks all,
Rumpole

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes this is the alarm I need.
A friend from Shepparton in another group I am in (Chapter 6 Motorcycle Group) has one fitted. His alarm went off on Sunday at a friends house when a little kid who does things when he is told not to started tapping his buttons on his Suzuki Boulevarde.
My mate says by the time he got to his bike, the kid was screaming and we don't reckon he will touch a bike again! Might be a useful deterrant.
Thanks all,
Rumpole

Yes....and it has a panic button, so when you are sitting nearby, and you want to freak out people...just press the panic button, and all hell breaks loose.....funiest thing to watch people jump!

:sinister:

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
mine came with a jaycar motorbike alarm system

i have a spare unopened one here too if you want to buy it cheaper than from jaycar direct

it works fine, you move it more than a mm or too or knock it at all and it goes off

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Smidge, much involved in fitting this Jaycar alarm?
It seems a lot cheaper than the other.
How much do you want for your spare alarm and what is your experienc ewith the one you have installed?
Thanks,
Horrace R

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
RUMPOLE! BOURBONPOLE!

sorry

it works good, its an alarm. I see it more as a deterrent for kids sitting on it on the street and it well and truly waking me up if its in the garage and someone (inexperienced) tries to take it away

seems pretty easy to install, i didn't do it myself but would happily do it in a few hours with the right wiring diagram

i dunno whatever a new one is worth minis 20% or so? i'd have to dig it out!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The good thing about the more expensive alarm is that the remote will let you know if someone is messing with your bike (or even too close to it) from a significant distance away ( Half a klick? from memory). So you can be sitting in a hotel having dinner and know that if anything happens to your bike you'll be able to dash outside and get a rego number if someone's knocked it over.

It really is a top notch unit. And evil...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The good thing about the more expensive alarm is that the remote will let you know if someone is messing with your bike (or even too close to it) from a significant distance away ( Half a klick? from memory). So you can be sitting in a hotel having dinner and know that if anything happens to your bike you'll be able to dash outside and get a rego number if someone's knocked it over.

It really is a top notch unit. And evil...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Best alarm ever! Proximity alert (adjustable), Knock Sensor, Tilt Sensor, Ignition sensor, all with their own alarm sound.

Remote control has vibrating, silent, and freaking loud alerts to alarm notifications....the proximity alert alarm is the killer though, get within a metre of my bike when the alarm is on, and all hell breaks loose...people just turn and "run"....literally at times....I also know straight away via the remote...and so does everyone else within 50-100 metres....

Oh and it doesnt stop till you move away....

Best $500 i ever spent on a bike in regards to security...

:thumbup:

specialk

Reaction score
Visit site
can anyone with this alarm talk to its range? I heard its fine if the bike is in your driveway but go inside a restaurant or at a mall and the signal cannot penetrate the wall AT ALL. what do you guys think?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
can anyone with this alarm talk to its range? I heard its fine if the bike is in your driveway but go inside a restaurant or at a mall and the signal cannot penetrate the wall AT ALL. what do you guys think?

I work in a big club, and park my bike at the rear of the venue....about 300 metres from where i stand at work, and i still get reception...but it does struggle in basements, and places like that...

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings,
can anyone recommend a good bike alarm?
I prefer to get someone else to supply and install it as it makes it easier to litigate them later if the unit fails or my bike is stolen as a result of their negligence!

Rumpole

I have the Yamaha's own "Meta T" alarm installed and is recognised by most insurers. It's also covered for 24 month's if installed by a dealer and serviced/checked at 12 month intervals

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Yamaha's own "Meta T" alarm installed and is recognised by most insurers. It's also covered for 24 month's if installed by a dealer and serviced/checked at 12 month intervals

Didnt even know Yamaha had their own alarm! If so, i wonder whether it's available in Oz???