FZ6 Trackday 2014

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a good time! I'm not too familiar with track conditions, but it looks like that place good use a good paving! :eek:

It's not as good as race track. It's quite rough, but it's sure is the good place to learn and practice, also best place to play with your bike especially suspension. FZ6 doesn't have adjustable suspension. However I had to raise it up since I was dragging the pegs too many times.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not as good as race track. It's quite rough, but it's sure is the good place to learn and practice, also best place to play with your bike especially suspension. FZ6 doesn't have adjustable suspension. However I had to raise it up since I was dragging the pegs too many times.

It sounds like your next upgrade should be some R6 forks. I did the swap, and many other members have as well. It's hands down the best thing you can do for ride quality and responsiveness on the FZ6. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like fun! Better to have a place where there is no other on coming traffic and a spot to go off in case of a problem. This builds your skill in turns and increases confidence which is a good thing to better your riding skills all around. There should be more places like that even if not an actual track. I do believe all the riders should have protective gear, top to bottom! :)

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like your next upgrade should be some R6 forks. I did the swap, and many other members have as well. It's hands down the best thing you can do for ride quality and responsiveness on the FZ6. :thumbup:

I don't think I'd go that way. I'd just get a race bike instead if I really want to be on the track. I think I ride the FZ6 to its limit, if I push it more I'll have problem.

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like fun! Better to have a place where there is no other on coming traffic and a spot to go off in case of a problem. This builds your skill in turns and increases confidence which is a good thing to better your riding skills all around. There should be more places like that even if not an actual track. I do believe all the riders should have protective gear, top to bottom! :)

101% agreed! You know after this class, I rode back on the street and I felt super confident. However, we still can't stop distracted Cagers. Everybody should do it.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I'd go that way. I'd just get a race bike instead if I really want to be on the track. I think I ride the FZ6 to its limit, if I push it more I'll have problem.

That's alright then. I've done a few mods to my bike, and I while I do plan on taking it to the track, my upgrades weren't centered around the track. If you put R6 forks on an FZ6, you still have one hell of a commuting and cruising bike, but with MUCH more response to the road. And if you buy a race bike, you lose the commuting abilities and overall usefulness of the FZ. But it is your choice, so rock on! :rockon:

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
That's alright then. I've done a few mods to my bike, and I while I do plan on taking it to the track, my upgrades weren't centered around the track. If you put R6 forks on an FZ6, you still have one hell of a commuting and cruising bike, but with MUCH more response to the road. And if you buy a race bike, you lose the commuting abilities and overall usefulness of the FZ. But it is your choice, so rock on! :rockon:

You right! FZ6 is such a great bike for commuting and weekend trips and it can handle twisties pretty well. Most of the time when I ride with my Sportbikes friends, they can't keep up with me in the twisties lol

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I'm in the process of turning my FZ6 into a track bike. I know a R6 would be better, but the FZ6 with suspension bits really isn't that bad. I'm never going to be racing, so what do lap times matter anyway?

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I'm in the process of turning my FZ6 into a track bike. I know a R6 would be better, but the FZ6 with suspension bits really isn't that bad. I'm never going to be racing, so what do lap times matter anyway?
Oh yes you will be racing lol jk. IMO, FZ6 is a great bike to learn on. However it's not a track bike. After taking a few classes, I advanced my skills and the FZ is not the ideal track day bike unless you do a lot of modifications or take it easy. So it'd be a lot more fun to ride a true Sport bike on track days.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yes you will be racing lol jk. IMO, FZ6 is a great bike to learn on. However it's not a track bike. After taking a few classes, I advanced my skills and the FZ is not the ideal track day bike unless you do a lot of modifications or take it easy. So it'd be a lot more fun to ride a true Sport bike on track days.

While it might not be ideal, I already own it. I'd rather buy a new street bike and track the bike I have. I track my car too and it's not a sports car. Sure it would be more fun to have a GTR or 911, but my Focus ST is still a blast!

In my mind I have two options

A) Buy track bike, ride it maybe 6 times per year.
B) Buy street bike, track FZ6 until I destroy it & then purchase track bike

Option B suits me better, as I have limited funds and spend 90% of my time riding on the street.

Last edited: