FZ6 vs VFR800

KDN

Reaction score
Visit site
I went for a ride last night with a buddy of mine. He was riding his 06 VFR800. toward the end of the night we switched bikes (I was on my 06 FZ6) for a few km's.

We both got off the machines, looked at each other and said "Wow...that was different!"

I was surprised just how different the machines were. For some odd reason I had thought they had similar ergos. I was wrong. Here are my first impressions:

- VFR is much heavier, "stable" may not be the correct word but it seems I can shift around on the saddle and the bike doesn't react.

- VFR seems to have smoother shifting than FZ6.

- Much sportier ergos than I had thought, I had thought it was a "sport tourer", but seems to be much more of a sports bike.

- The 800cc didn't really have a noticeable difference. Actually I think my FZ has more pull in the low rpm. Although I didn't really get to test it.

Keep in mind I am a novice rider and didn't really get to open it up in terms of speed / RPM.

All that said....I was really happy to get back on my FZ6.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Both good. VFR better in many ways (suspension, drivetrain smoothness, stability, quality), but FZ6 is a great bike as well. I have the VFR and still miss my FZ6. The FZ6 was better for the city - somewhat lighter and more comfortable for the city.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
VFR800 probably a little more sophisticated overall.
Performance about the same, 0-70.
FZ6 more comfortable to ride.