FZ6N with Bi-Xenon mod on stock headlight

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody. I'm Bob, glad to find you all. Great info here, your posts helped me choose my moding path :) I just got a FZ6N from 2004 with 6000 km onboard. The bike was in somebody's garage for some years now. Dude got married and ... well... let's get to the subject. I am interested in getting the FZ16 headlight mod, but don't have the money atm. I am also interested in Bi-Xenon mod for the bike. So my concern is, can I buy a 2-phase single beam HID module (i want both hi&lo beam on single module) that I can fit into the stock headlight then move it to the FZ16 headlight once I get my hands on it ? :) I would be interested in an actual product. I think it depends on the depth of the 2 headlights.

I will also post some pics with the bike. It's stock all the way. Looking to get the wind out of my chest, either I keep my current headlight and add HID and windshield, or I go for FZ16 mod. I got a bellypan on my list, levers, mirrors, and fender eliminator kit. And maybe an exhaust system. Think I'll finish all over winter. Anyway, if you have any idea on Bi-Xenon single beam kit that would fit both headlights (FZ6N and FZ16) then don't be shy.
Thank you all and hope to have a good stay on this forum.

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at that same one for my FZ16 headlight - I have a friend who seems to think it will fit. I haven't figured out the depth of the headlight, and my bike is not with me right now that I can go figure it out. (Garaged at my parents' place because I'm in the process of replacing the steering head bearings...FML, trying to do it myself...)

If anyone else has a FZ16 headlight and can confirm that there's at least 4 inches depth inside to fit the projector (according to the Retrofit Source website description), that would be awesome, because I'd be interested in this mod as well.

One question for OP - why switch over to the FZ16 headlight if you have a naked anyway? I don't see that much of a styling difference between the two. *shrug*

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
It has that sexy lil windhield :) All other windshields I saw are ugly. Maybe, just maybe I'd go for the Barracuda one. I really need to be able to run at 140 km/h for a few hundred km.
And if i get that headlight I can always sell mine...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
That should fit. The projector doesn't protrude that far from the reflector housing in the faired version. All the mono headlights I've seen are quite deep and so it should fit fine.

Besides, the morimoto is the smallest projector on the market (not to mention one of the best without going full on, cut everything up, retrofit). I'm sure TRS would take it back if it didn't fit too.

skyworm

Reaction score
Visit site

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
When you install the morimoto kit it has a flap that goes up and down for high and low beams. That's what causes the cut off line as well. With that kit you'll just plug in the premade H4 plug on the controller, and you're done.

Easy day.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bi-Xenon installed on my FZ6 Naked. It has High and Low beam. There is plenty of room behind the headlight to install the Blast and Relay. I would recommend buying the slim blast but the regular one also works.
Only thing I dont like is the light scatter that can only be resolved if you install the projectors. But I dont drive too much at night so I am okay now.

117vjt3.jpg

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, for future reference, the "Bi" in "Bi-Xenon" means it does low and high from a single projector.

:thumbup:

And BOTH the H4 and H7 bulbs have low and high beams. It's just the H7 on the faired version only uses the low beam wired with "high" beam logic. So the lows and highs are mixed up. Both use the same plug even. Don't know what the swap was for. :don'tknow:

Last edited:

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that bi means 2 separate lightbulbs :/ Anyway good to know. Will be awsome, especially if I manage to get the mirror out. I like the black around the projector.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bi-Xenon installed on my FZ6 Naked. It has High and Low beam. There is plenty of room behind the headlight to install the Blast and Relay. I would recommend buying the slim blast but the regular one also works.
Only thing I dont like is the light scatter that can only be resolved if you install the projectors. But I dont drive too much at night so I am okay now.

117vjt3.jpg

I will sure go for the projector, I like more the design and shape of the cut off. Plus it's more powerful as the light is concentrated where I want it. And I am sure that I wont't bother any incoming traffic :)