Fz6r

goose2580

Newbee
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
All I want is that sexy rear modded to fit my 07 oh and the ram air and the Full Cowling.. I know this goes against what alot of you are saying. But I came over to the FZ6 from 10 years of rideing R6's. Due to a bad back i couldn't take laying over the tank all the time any more. I love the way I sit more upright on the FZ but I miss all the body work from my 06 R6..ohh and only 30.9 Seat height thats what I really need being I am only 5'7" with a 30" inseam.. I am so tired of tip toeing or half a$$ing at stops.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone seen one of these things in real life yet? they should be hitting the shops soon right?

It says Jan '09. when the '08's came out it was Oct. '08 and I couldn't find one in my neck of the woods until the end of Oct. so i figure you will start to see them in two-two and a half months. (on the showroom floor)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The burning question for me is..................................Do we allow them to join the site?
Personally I would, there would be so much more technical info to share.

Nelly

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
The burning question for me is..................................Do we allow them to join the site?
Personally I would, there would be so much more technical info to share.

Nelly

Well, the answer is .......... of course we do! It is a bike made for beginners who will wreck it and we will have a deeper parts bin to pick through! :rockon:

abner

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the Toronto bike show today... IMO, the FZ6R looks sweet!!!

The first thing that catches your eye is the new fairing and WINDSHEILD. I personally like the fairing look, the smaller windshield will not give you any protection, but it also won't give you any turbulance that the FZ6 windshield does.

The next thing to catch your eye is the lack of exhaust... I looked high and low until the sales rep showed it to me on the other side of the bike. I think it gives it a nice clean look, and gives the tail section an R1 look.

So my next question is horse power... what a disappointment!!! No, no... not when I approached a different sales rep to question why the ft/lbs are lower and he started explaining where they lessened the weight of the FZ6R... what a nimrod! The disappointment was that they put less torque into the bike. I was hoping it had a few more ponies, as to give myself an excuse to make the switch.

The wife wouldn't entertain the R1... looks like it will have to be the FZ1 but I still don't like the big huge can on the side of it.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
2004 R1 With Projectors (my favorite R1 ever!!!):

2004_Yamaha___YZF_R1.jpg

2007 R1 also with projectors::ban:
07R1a.jpg

Oh my lord... that's a beautiful looking bike:thumbup:

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion the FZ6R and the R6S are too similar, take a look here...

2009 Yamaha YZF-R6S Specifications+Comparison

So why bother with the FZ6R? Surely anyone who wants a 600 Yamaha sports bike for less money than the R6 will buy the R6S? I can't figure out where the FZ6R fits into the market.

I also think the R6S is much better looking than the FZ6R as well...

09SPBK_R6S_Bl_A_069_f013fb7a.jpg

09SPBK_FZ6R_Bl_A2_Tw_013_5803653a.jpg

Last edited:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ya, i dont understand... its like yamaha is trying to touch every point...

Super sport: R1
Sport: R6
Semi Sport: R6s
Sport/Touring: Fz6
Super Sport/Touring:Fz1
Touring: FJR
New Rider: Fz6r
Waiting for Yamaha pocket bikes for midgets..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my thought is that they might be getting rid of the R6s soon, they have held onto it for 3 years now since the new R6 came out, it is the same bike as the 03+ r6. My opinion is that the 600 is the $ spot for sport bikes, enough power and affordability = happy consumer.

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that Yamaha saw the success of Kawasaki's 650R and felt they needed something to compete in that market share. I don't know what the numbers looked like for the Suzuki GSX650F, but I havent seen many of them on the road at all.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
steel frame, steel swingarm, less brakes, smaller rear tire, smaller tank...i would never trade that for a fairing.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion the FZ6R and the R6S are too similar, take a look here...

2009 Yamaha YZF-R6S Specifications+Comparison

So why bother with the FZ6R? Surely anyone who wants a 600 Yamaha sports bike for less money than the R6 will buy the R6S? I can't figure out where the FZ6R fits into the market.

I also think the R6S is much better looking than the FZ6R as well...

09SPBK_R6S_Bl_A_069_f013fb7a.jpg

09SPBK_FZ6R_Bl_A2_Tw_013_5803653a.jpg

Look how much more you can lean the R6 too.. hehe

ironman

Reaction score
Visit site
So thus far there have been a few speculations about what yamaha was thinking when they introduced this bike. Mainly
1. They were aiming at new riders and women that want a little more adjustability and a bike that is a little more tame. . . thus competing with the ninja650r and sv650, and the versys, and the gsx650 and the likes.
2. They are trying to introduce a replacement for the YZF600R or the R6S.

If #1 was their aim then I think they would have done much better to include the adjustability and the more tame ride, but with some weight loss and some styling that is not so quirky. If I'm a brand new rider (and I am pretty new to streetbikes but not to 2 wheels), and I want a bike that offers me some comfort and inspires confidence at low and high speeds alike, then I am ok with the power cut. However, I want it to be lighter and I don't really want my bike to make me look like a Rossy wannabe while I try to figure out how to put the sidestand down. With that angular faring and odd headlight and faux supersport look I don't think this bike will make anyone happy. The people who like the look are going to want higher end componentry and higher power to wt. To fit this niche they need to give it a diet, high end componentry, adjustability of seat and bars, a tank with some range, and skip on all the glam-supersport-poser crap. This targeted consumer needs to be presented with a sport bike that maintains it's sport personality without posing, skimping on quality, or copying the MO of 4 other bikes by other companies.

If #2 is the goal, then this bike is so far off the mark it isn't even funny. The R6S would mop the floor with the FZ6R in every category and (imo) looks way bettter.

As is, this bike should be cheaper. That would make it ok.

These are just my thoughts. To each his own.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe Dad said that Forsyth has order two of them. I would like to pull that tail section apart as well. However I have feeling it isnt going to work.

-bryan

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the Dallas Cycle Show two weeks(?) ago and the Yamaha rep stated that this is the LAST year :eek:for our beloved FZ6. He also said that it is unfair to compare the two bikes(I agree) he said the new FZ6R is for beginners.

Bill