fz8!!??

So, if Yamaha do make the FZ8 and get rid of the FZ6, does that mean all of our bikes have instantly become collectables?

Time to use this to my advantage with the Mrs and tell her I can't trade the FZ and have to have 2 bikes :D

i think the photo is photo shopped, and even in the case that yamaha would make a fz8, it probably means that they would also make an R8. as a replica for the motogp specs. which would only make sense if they cancelled the 600cc altogether, and increased the 1000cc's to 1100 (at least in my view)

i say bogus

Man, if motorcycle companies tried to mimic MotoGP they would have to change their engine sizes every year! :rolleyes:

So, if Yamaha do make the FZ8 and get rid of the FZ6, does that mean all of our bikes have instantly become collectables?

Time to use this to my advantage with the Mrs and tell her I can't trade the FZ and have to have 2 bikes :D

They will also become impossible to sell (not that they aren't already), so just hold on to it a bit longer, and you won't have a choice! :thumbup:

For the almost same $$ between the XJ6 & FZ6 I look at the XJ as somewhat of a toy. Goes back to a steel frame, uses smaller diameter forks, smaller axles, inferior brakes etc. The only thing I did like about the XJ6 when I rode it was the gearbox. It was so smooth & silky. I havent ridden an FZ1 yet, probably will get the opportunity Sunday week, but I dont think the gap is that big it needs filling. The FZ6 is also the most accomodating for pillion in seat width, height and peg location.

Is the XJ6 learner legal? Thats the only reason I could possibly fathom buying it.
Paying more for an inferior bike unless your not interested in performance. Or resale value.

I can't see them replacing the FZ6 from what I've heard its got quite a following.
Adding a mid sized bike between the 6 and 1 though... maybe :p

after speaking to my local yamaha dealership they have said that the xj6 will be replacing the fz6 as there new mid weight sports tourer. shame really as i tested one for a couple of days and on any length run i had a numb ass and it wasn't the most comfortable for pillion either as the seat is very thin and doesn't have a great deal of padding. one plus side to the bike is how smooth the engine was it took no effort but i thought it was a everyday work horse and not something to mod and make that little bit more special and personal, so my verdict get a fz6 mod it and play on the way to work, twos up and out with your mates.

dan

reads like garbage journalism...I cannot see Yamaha developing a new engine
solely for a naked bike that is nothing more than a nitche ride in their biggest
market (NA)....unless there is at least one more bike of that displacement in
the works I can't see it ever happening

page 7 Australian Motorcycle News

Based on the picture, it looks like so many other Japanese naked bikes...boring. There really is no long-distance touring appeal, no fairing, no decent integrated windscreen.

An appealing budget naked bike with a strong reliable history is the Honda 919.

2006919.jpg

Lots of aftermarket goodies to improve the appearance and performance.

Fred

I like the 919...too bad Honda dropped it!

I considered it before the FZ6, but the deal-crasher was lack of wind protection. It does have the rock-solid ol' Fireblade 900 engine...lots of great power. You can pick up a decent one on Craiglist for around 3-4K.

Fred

I'm not attracted to that bike at all. It's like they're trying to do to much with it to appeal to a wider range of buyers. Ugh.

Back