GARGOYLES in my 6!!

Welp, looks like I pulled black a bloody stump. :(

Good luck getting this thing fixed!

:D No worries. I have 3 avenues of approach now. At this point I'm almost certain its nothing major. If anything I've obtained piece of mind. I appreciate all the input from everyone. Ill post the results of the situation when I get it ripped open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Watch video on YouTube [ame="WWW.youtube.com/watch?v=gkvhWnN5Nvs"]2007 Yamaha FZ6 engine ticking noise - YouTube[/ame]

Seems this guy had the same sound same issue and same suspect. No follow up though... so I don't know if it worked. Either way I plan to replace pump and chain.

Removed the clutch basket. Doesn't look like any metal could have gotten to the gears. Just to be sure I put a power drill to the trans and spun the gears at high speed. No clacking or noises came from this. My only conclusion is that bits of the clutch fell in between the oil pump chain and gear and it streched. Resulting in the chain whipping around. I'm going to replace the clutch basket, pump, and chain. In the next 2.5 weeks. Gotta find some cash to throw at it.

Last edited:
Picture of the oil pump and inner clutch basket.

There is another thread on hear about noise. Its in a sticky by adamfz. You might peer through it for some insight as to what you're into next.
Also there are some videos too.
Yes, chain looks pretty loose on the oil pump.

There is another thread on hear about noise. Its in a sticky by adamfz. You might peer through it for some insight as to what you're into next.
Also there are some videos too.
Yes, chain looks pretty loose on the oil pump.

I've poked around at em, but none of the threads and videos I've run into have confirmed or followed up with a conclusion. I intend to do so. Saturday all the parts will be in.

The coolant pump needs to be moved out of the way.

The reason the water pump needed to be moved is because you need to angle the oil pump just right to get the chain around the gear. Here it is all back together.

Old clutch spring and new thicker stronger performance spring.

Still bolting it back together. Need to replace the fluids tomorrow. Then I can start her up. Cross your fingers.

Back